*Official 2011 pink salmon thread*

i know i am stoked. my buddy should be back from afghanistan by that time, and he has a sled :D and plus, i've never caught any on a fly rod before, so this should help me out with some spey practice and some heavy one-hander stuff. it will also be fun fishing them in the salt and the skagit. looks like i will be going after school everyday for the end of the run.

can't wait to see some pics of monster humps!

Haven't done it, but sounds like a blast. This will be my first Pink run since I became a Westcoaster. From how excited everbodys getting, I'm getting jacked as well, and I've never even caught one!

These will probably be the fish I learn how to switch/spey with once I save up some money and get a new set up. Hoping for this to be a good year/run.

Haven't done it, but sounds like a blast. This will be my first Pink run since I became a Westcoaster. From how excited everbodys getting, I'm getting jacked as well, and I've never even caught one!
lol just wait. they are easier to catch than stocker triploid on opening day with a wad of powerbait. pinks will eat almost anything pink and relatively small, especially when it's in their face. wait 'til you foul hook a buck in the hump ;D

Go Fish

Language, its a virus
Oh yeah, instead of 10 people fishing
on the beach there will be 200. Most
will be fishing illegally. All for a mushy
salmon thats only good for the smoker.

Dave

Oh yeah, instead of 10 people fishing
on the beach there will be 200. Most
will be fishing illegally. All for a mushy
salmon thats only good for the smoker.

Dave
Then don't fish for them. I guess you don't fish for Chums either. How do those SRC's taste? Not sure of the reason for the Pink hate.

Go Fish

Language, its a virus
I fish for all salmon
but the humpy zoo just
brings out all the nut jobs
and clueless newbees with
treble hooks. Give me a fresh
caught Silver any day.

Dave

Latest posts