*Official 2011 pink salmon thread*

Would it be worth getting a pontoon just so people can watch you catch fish out of their reach? lol. Still haven't caught a pink but definately prepared for it this year. What are good spots to fish? The only spot that i know of is off quilcene

When flying for pinks on a river, how do you guys present flies? I do mostly beach flying for Coho so I'm always stripping or using poppers or something along the surface, but I don't have any spots on a beach that I can fly for pinks that are close. The closes beach I use for Coho/Cutties don't have the pinks go by in decent enough numbers to go and target them there. Since that is the case, I usually wait for them to hit the river and usually use a bronze/pink spoon and slay them, but really want to start flying for pinks. I guess what I'm asking is once in the river, do you dead drift, swing, "Nymph" pink stuff, or use poppers like pollywogs? I assume a basic swing would work, yes?

When flying for pinks on a river, how do you guys present flies? I do mostly beach flying for Coho so I'm always stripping or using poppers or something along the surface, but I don't have any spots on a beach that I can fly for pinks that are close. The closes beach I use for Coho/Cutties don't have the pinks go by in decent enough numbers to go and target them there. Since that is the case, I usually wait for them to hit the river and usually use a bronze/pink spoon and slay them, but really want to start flying for pinks. I guess what I'm asking is once in the river, do you dead drift, swing, "Nymph" pink stuff, or use poppers like pollywogs? I assume a basic swing would work, yes?
Use small (think size 8-10) weighted flies. Strip strip pause... strip strip pause... they always hit it on the drop

Hi Eric- it's cactus chenille under UV polar chenille. You'll be getting one of those in the swap from me. The cool thing is that you'll be able to trim the fly down smaller if you like streamside. I think Hareline markets the UV polar as well, but the stuff I have is branded by American Sports which is Anglers Workshop down in Woodland, and it comes in some pretty cool colors IMO. I'm also using it to tie something I call a 'hot mess' which is a size 6 or so hook, medium bead chain eyes, and a few turns of this stuff. I'll post some pics soon.

a_fors

Those are some awesome flies there! I've been pumped about this coming run since the last one ended! I started tying about two months ago! is that too soon?

Hot mess:

Something I made up for Evan on a size 12 troot hook:

Ha, this is retarded. I'm still going to catch a pink on it though:

Variety of amphipod like stuff that shoudl work equally well for spring time cutts or pinks:

Would it be worth getting a pontoon just so people can watch you catch fish out of their reach? lol. Still haven't caught a pink but definately prepared for it this year. What are good spots to fish? The only spot that i know of is off quilcene
I fish the Duwamish for pinks and silvers on my pontoon and it's alot of fun.