Washingtonion's are getting a bad rap!

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Washitonion's are getting a bad rap!

When I first moved here I said I was from Marysville. I told them it was north of Everett. I never even mentioned Seattle.. I never did like going to the City.

When I was younger I didn't mind going there, but when I got older I stayed away from it.

Lugan

Joe Streamer

Seattle is not a "city"; it's just a large town. As such, it doesn't spawn its own culture of lunatic rude and pushy people. In fact, compared with my home town of Chicago, my only complaint about Seattle is how lackadaisical many of its residents seem to be. A city that consumes so much coffee should be on edge more. At minimum, they should drive above the speed limit in the left lane. THAT is something real to complain about Seattle!

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.

Doesn't do any good to wash yer onions. Yer still gonna cry when you start slicin' 'em! Try rinsing the knife blade between cuts instead. Works for me.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.

When I first moved here I said I was from Marysville. I told them it was north of Everett. I never even mentioned Seattle.. I never did like going to the City.

When I was younger I didn't mind going there, but when I got older I stayed away from it.
Hey Jim, You and me both! I haven't been to Seattle in over ten years. And that was just driving by on eyesore 5 a few times on my way north, and returning. Last time I actually got off the freeway and went into the city was in the early 90's. Closest call since then was when I had to take a flight back to Seatac from Las Vegas airport in 06 or 07 after driving to southern Utah with a friend, arrived here after dark and another friend picked me up.

I let my bothers drive with their Montana plates, or I mention that I lived in

Havre and am on my way to visit my in-laws who have lived in Montana their whole lives.

Actually, I have never had any problems,but I avoid Rock Creek like the plague.

Dan Nelson

Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

They tried a program in Montana to find out why so many pickup trucks were involved in fatal accidents. They stopped installing the black boxes because the last words were always, "Here! Hold my beer and watch this!"

I should probably stop now.
What's the last words the Montanan said before he died? "Watch this!"

Whats the last thing he heard before he died? "Dude, yer doin' it!"

My 3 cents...
1.) WA leads the field in the "piggy" department. Of the many states I have visited, WA is by far the "trashiest"; just look along our street's and highways...pathetic.
2.) Generally speaking, both coasts are less genuine, less accepting and less cordial than the mid west.
3.) I live in WA only for work... we will retire in MT.
Numbers 1 and 2 are total bullshit, as for # 3 I wish you a fond farewell upon your retirement( hope it's soon)

Lugan

Joe Streamer

We ARE rude and disrespectful. Just watch us drive.
No, those are people from places like Chicago and Boston who just moved here or are visiting. The real Seattle drivers are the ones who drive their 1982 Subarus 50mph in the left lane on I-90, stall in the middle of the 520 bridge because they forgot to get gas, and don't use their turn signals because communicating in any form with strangers is to be avoided at all costs.

S

stewart dee

I have only been to Montana 3x. The third trip left the biggest impact on me (regarding the people), I was 15 years old. My friend and I had spent a nice day fishing in a beautiful stream near Dillon. Then his cousin came to pick us up and bring us home for dinner. She was 18 and IMO pretty hot (at first). She took us to her friends house where we watched them snort coke and oxy, and drink a bottle of Black Velvet. She threw me the keys (and I had never drove more than a lawn tractor or jet boat) to take her to the family barbecue. Which was about 20 miles away on the freeway.

Shellshocked, I just held the keys and she grabbed them from me and said "Lets go". She staggered into the car, and for some reason my bud and I got in. She made it to the freeway where she set the cruise control at 70, laid the seat back and started steering with her feet. We were screaming for her to stop and finally she sat up and told us to stop freaking out, and drove the car into the ditch. Luckil,y we hit it at less than 30 mph so the impact was pretty minimal. Then some farmhand in a single cab F250 stopped and took us the rest of the way to the party. She didn't come with us, as she and the farmhand went to get the car, and probably do more drugs and screw.

So, since then I have been under the impression that all Montanan's are bad drivers and likely drug addicts.
My kinda girls. Them folks hate on you Washington fellas because of: THE BEAD!

Globetrouter1

Methow Fly Fishing Guide

thats BS there is dumb people everywhere not just in WA. Montana is awesome but there dumb disrespectful people from there and all over the world too. They are mad cause WA is becoming a world class fishery state.

S

stewart dee

thats BS there is dumb people everywhere not just in WA. Montana is awesome but there dumb disrespectful people from there and all over the world too. They are mad cause WA is becoming a world class fishery state.
World Class? Where the hell is that statement from?

scottybs

My 3 cents...
1.) WA leads the field in the "piggy" department. Of the many states I have visited, WA is by far the "trashiest"; just look along our street's and highways...pathetic.
2.) Generally speaking, both coasts are less genuine, less accepting and less cordial than the mid west.
3.) I live in WA only for work... we will retire in MT.
I guess you've never been to Georgia or other parts of the south? What shitholes FILLED with shitty people!!! I've been in 49 of the 50 states (Delaware is the only one I've missed) and I can tell you while not perfect Washington is a great place, I miss it now that I live in Minnesota. You're definately correct that people are very geniuine in the Midwest!

Latest posts