Washingtonion's are getting a bad rap!

Jergens

AKA Joe Willauer
Washitonion's are getting a bad rap!

Thats BS there are dumb people everywhere not just in WA. Montana is awesome but there are dumb disrespectful people from there, and all over the world too. They are mad cause WA is becoming a world class fishery state.
Yeah, that's all folks talk about in Montana is how much they want to go trout fishing in Washington :rofl:

I know this does not apply for many. But I thought it deserves a discusion. And does need to be addressed. I've heard a bit of this living in Southwest Washington and now I'm hearing it daily here in Montana. The rumor is that Washitonion's are rude and disrespectfull. Especially people living in and around the Seattle area. I'm doing the best I can to defend our name here in Montana. But it seems every person I meet, rather it be a shop owner or a fellow guide, people are giving me grief for being a Washington native. A shop owner has told me he is tired of people from Washington coming over walking into the shop, asking how the fishing is, asking what fly to use, then after getting great info, walking out without even buying a single fly. And a camp host has told me about Washington campers buying all their food in Washington, camping, and leaving all their trash in Montana. And I guess we need to lay off Rock Creek. People in that area are seriously pissed. They've nicknamed Spokane.. Spocompton.
Ok, so my take on this is so. We may be used to having a bit more people on our rivers. What we think a good distance is for a fellow fisherman, is different here in Montana. We need to be more sensitive of that and allow a bit more space. Believe it or not a Monatana's idea of low holing could be a distance of more than 50 yards. I heard once, especcially in a walk and wade situation,
that if a fisherman can see you than your fishing too close.
And everyone should know this as a common courtesy. If your going to get good advice from a stranger especcially a shop owner than buy something. Even if it's only a dollar. If your trout bumming and your broke, fine express that, hell maybe share a fly pattern that you use in your area.
I don't mean to rant but it's getting old, Washington being reffered to as the new California.
This message is not meant to finger point. But simply an awareness message. Summer is coming and I do realize there's bad seeds in any state. But we are Washitonion's, we are better than every one else (kidding), so lets act like it!
Wa-shit-onions? Like Walla Walla sweets? I love getting worked up over hearsay. I think all Washitonions should stay away from Montana, especially the last week of July this summer.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing

Yeah, that's all folks talk about in Montana is how much they want to go trout fishing in Washington :rofl:
well it's about as good as anything else to talk about, I hope they bring some of that montana road dust when they come,thats what I miss the most

Go Fish

Language, its a virus

The prize is that you
know Zappa plus an all
expense not paid for fishing
trip to South Puget Sound.

Dave

Benjy

When I'm driving in Montana and some asshole is right up in my business 10 feet from the bumper on a desolate highway I can assure you that when they finally man up enough to pass I will see WA plates.

Lugan

Joe Streamer

thats BS there is dumb people everywhere not just in WA. Montana is awesome but there dumb disrespectful people from there and all over the world too. They are mad cause WA is becoming a world class fishery state.
Son, being a parody of yourself is no way to go through life.

Buck

"Ride'n Dirty."

When I'm driving in Montana and some asshole is right up in my business 10 feet from the bumper on a desolate highway I can assure you that when they finally man up enough to pass I will see WA plates.
Word.

Whenever I go to MT, I tell them I'm from Sedro-Woolley. When they find out that it's no where near Seattle they break out in smiles and are very friendly. As far as Rock Creek goes, I've fished it several times and never had a problem with crowds. I have seen some combat fishing on the upper part of the creek but other than that it's been wide open fishing.
I'd rather go to Montana than Seattle anyway. Too much concrete in Seattle.

KerryS

Ignored Member

I live in the hills of Skagit County. We hate everyone from Seattle and Montaaaaaaaaaanaaaaaaa. They all can go screw themselves.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing

I live in the hills of Skagit County. We hate everyone from Seattle and Montaaaaaaaaaanaaaaaaa. They all can go screw themselves.
I'm from the tidal flats in marysville,I like everybody thats 100 yards down river and making two steps after each cast!!!

Latest posts