Raft trailer info thread

Derek Young

Down By The Riverside
Ed, whatever you decide, I suggest coating the trailer in bed liner material (LineX, Rhino Liner) along the leading edges - no matter what it's made of, it's money well spent to protect the looks of it. I'll have my Streamtech trailer with it at the Lynnwood show.

Ed Call

Long Lost Member
WFF Supporter
Had linex hard decks for my cataraft. Made good floors with great traction. Trailer treatment would certainly protect from gravel abuse.

Now your teasing me...details!

Pacific River Outfitters sells it. It's not on their website you have to call about a deck over trailer I can PM you the link or just find them on facebook or google. Pretty sure it is also a Rivertech made trailer just the deck over config but I am not 100 percent on that. You won't find a nicer built trailer than R/T ,make sure and look underneath,most trailers are pretty cheesy on the underside. My new 2016 R/T trailer has the aluminum gravel guard up front to protect the raft, I will post a picture when it is done in a few weeks. You will need a deck over for a bigger wider cat, my raft just fits between the fenders but my buddys 16' cat won't fit with out airing down a little. R/T will be in PDX for the sportsman show with a trailer I am sure, I am letting them use my new boat to display there and will just grab it afterwards on Sunday. I wouldn't own a steel trailer again if you can find the right aluminum trailer that is well built and mine is as nice as I have seen anywhere.

Pacific River Outfitters sells it. It's not on their website you have to call about a deck over trailer I can PM you the link or just find them on facebook or google. Pretty sure it is also a Rivertech made trailer just the deck over config but I am not 100 percent on that. You won't find a nicer built trailer than R/T ,make sure and look underneath,most trailers are pretty cheesy on the underside. My new 2016 R/T trailer has the aluminum gravel guard up front to protect the raft, I will post a picture when it is done in a few weeks. You will need a deck over for a bigger wider cat, my raft just fits between the fenders but my buddys 16' cat won't fit with out airing down a little. R/T will be in PDX for the sportsman show with a trailer I am sure, I am letting them use my new boat to display there and will just grab it afterwards on Sunday. I wouldn't own a steel trailer again if you can find the right aluminum trailer that is well built and mine is as nice as I have seen anywhere.
there stuff looks sweet, but the website for it is pure garbage for finding any information. That green black canyon cat is sick tho

martyg

There is a guy in Auburn... He is a metal fabricator / machinist and builds trailers. I had him build a custom trailer for me. It converts from a raft to DB trailer. I told him that I wanted it to last me 20 years, at which point I may not be playing on rivers at he level that I do now. It is a piece of functional art.

I decked it with exterior plywood - maybe 0.5" - and put some spar varnish on it. It has held up just fine for years.

I can post more info when I head to our lowlands house.

There is a guy in Auburn... He is a metal fabricator / machinist and builds trailers. I had him build a custom trailer for me. It converts from a raft to DB trailer. I told him that I wanted it to last me 20 years, at which point I may not be playing on rivers at he level that I do now. It is a piece of functional art.

I decked it with exterior plywood - maybe 0.5" - and put some spar varnish on it. It has held up just fine for years.

I can post more info when I head to our lowlands house.
You have me intrigued. Some pics and contact info would be awesome.
Thanks marty

BDD

Nice looking trailer, I'm guessing it is pushing $3K but is probably the nicest raft/cataraft trailer that I have seen. I agree with you on aluminum trailers. After having two steel trailers I finally went with an aluminum and am not looking back.

Last edited:
If anyone ever travels to fish the Yellowstone, check out Sleeping Giant manufacturing. Best I have seen, with Sunshine Sports in Billings a close second!

Trico22

Trico22
I love mine. It is bullet proof, the only gripe I have is that the roller on mine is kind of worthless for assisting with getting the raft on the trailer. I am going to add berrings to it soon, and that should make it just about perfect.

Any updates as this is my main issue, thanks.

Airehead

I am having Mike Schultz with M & S in Molalla build me a custom trailer after looking all over. He has made some upgrades namely the winch tower and winch. His winch is not removable with a pul pin setup and he is using a bigger winch which is not welded on anymore. I am having extra D-rings and a lockable oar box made which he says you can pop the winch off and lock it up in the oar box. Hopefully I will take delivery within the next two weeks. I have a 143D with a three station frame.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts