SUMMER STEELHEAD FLYSWAP---EARLY!

Mike Etgen

Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here
New River Mike

I'm glad this subject came up...should we make our swap flies barbless? I've left mine as is so far, assuming that should be a decision for the end user, but while they're in the vise is the best time to get it done.
Any feedback?

:dunno

Flip

The dumb kid
i fish them barbless, but it does not really matter if they are or not, if the end user wants them barbless to fish them, they can debarb them... it is easiest to do at the vise, which is where all mine are debarbed. if any one person wants their flies debarbed before they go out to everyone and forgot to id be more than happy to do it.

tom:thumb

Mike Etgen

New River Mike

My Kalama Specials will be in the mail today. Looking forward to seeing all the great flies that come out of this, and thanks for hosting!

:thumb

Andy

Workin in a sweet mullet
well I hope that someone else is as lazy as me, cause I might feel bad if you are all waiting on me.
I have only tied 3 stimulators and now I need to go get more hooks and hackle. I'll get them done by this weekend though.

Flip

The dumb kid
poo, it wont let me edit anymore..

flies received from: the complete list

Flip - BH ghouls
Ron Eagle Elk - souix sunrise
New River Mike - Kalama Special
fly15 - Low water green-butt skunk
joe smolt - undertaker
boblawless - muddlers

Mike Etgen

New River Mike

Sorry about the misspelling. I'm recalling that I had it as Becker, but those padded envelopes are easy to puncture with a ballpoint and possibly I just didn't push hard enough at the bottom of the "B".
Glad they arrived in good shape, though...

:thumb

Flip

The dumb kid
i did notice a puncture mark, maybe thats it. they are beautyfully tied, cant wait for everyone to see them. btw thanks both Newrivermike and REE for helping with shipping

tom

Latest posts