NFR: And now wolves in the Teanaway drainage

For the record, I could care less really. Like I said, I'm with Roper. Why does it always have to become an "us vs them"? That goes for both sides.

My point is that they become a problem when introduced, re-introduced, whatever. Not picking sides like some are here, I'd like to think I'm smarter than that.

I wonder if the word "Brilliant" will be used should they become a problem like they have everywhere else? Personally I hope not, but we'll see.

Arguing with the "icons" of this forum is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while, you realize the pig enjoys it.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Wolves! How freaking cool is that!

You are privileged to walk this earth. Leave as light a footprint as you can so that your children and grandchildren can enjoy nature in all its diversity.
If they wanted to do that they should have gotten here before me! :)

Should let it go back to the way it was before man came. Lets stop stocking steelhead, salmon and shut down the recreational fishing season permanently for these species. ( The tribes can still net of course).
Are you trying to imply that the tribes are not men?

Like it or not, the people are here.
And now that we all wear water wings in King County, we ain't likely to be going anywhere! :)

The sheep must get very nervous when you're around.
Fuck! We're all nervous when he's around...:)

Dan Nelson

Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum
Because the liberal you are talking about is a made up person in your head. There is a bunch of gun owning, hunting, fishing, liberals in my family...including me. It's easy to fight a made up oponent in your head. None of us oppose trapping either. Liberals are a much less homgenous group than you seem to think.

cds
iagreeiagree:thumb:

Dan Nelson

Why did this deteriorate into Liberals vs Conservatives? Can't we stick to the issue or subject as it were...? Remember? It's wolves in the Cascades...jeez...
Clearly, wolves are liberals, deer are conservatives, and elk are... teabaggers?

Ed Call

Bitterroot has a pair of velcro hip waders. He's admitted this much around a camp fire. I think he has more secrets to reveal...and I'm not sure I want to hear about them.

Dan Nelson

BTW: Family members over in the Blue Mtns of SE WA recently saw several elk calves killed alongside a gravel road -- hit by farm pickup trucks. Clearly its time to declare open season on Ford F150s to save the elk! They kill indiscriminately and don't even eat what they kill!:rofl::rofl:

... Remove mankind as an immensely over populated predator and nature wouldn't miss us in the least and would return to a state of equilibrium in no time. Oh, that's right..the natural world is just here for your enjoyment and harvest!
You make a point for all the serial killers out there! Maybe they could use that in they're defense; "You're honor, I was only doing my part to save the earth....you know, going "Green"."

Ed Call

For the record, I could care less really. Like I said, I'm with Roper. Why does it always have to become an "us vs them"? That goes for both sides.

My point is that they become a problem when introduced, re-introduced, whatever. Not picking sides like some are here, I'd like to think I'm smarter than that.

I wonder if the word "Brilliant" will be used should they become a problem like they have everywhere else? Personally I hope not, but we'll see.

Arguing with the "icons" of this forum is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while, you realize the pig enjoys it.
They were not introduced artificially any more than we were.

Here is a funny one...

Two groups of apex predators walked into an elk herd. The one less efficient, more regulated and more inclined to be lazy blamed the other for taking too much.

I'm not saying the wolves are not or will not be a problem that won't have an affect on man, man's prey or other species. I just think this is a benefical testament to Mother Nature and her resilency through adaptation. Eventually the pack will be too large, or the herd too large, or city too large...each will force an adaptave change on the other.

Chris Bellows

Your Preferred WFF Poster
Exactly! I think I read the same regarding Yellowstone. Overgrazing along the stream banks. One of the benefits of wolves, definitely. Now the willows grow, the streams are cooler, the trout are more abundant, and, larger.
the other place it was mentioned was olympic national park, where there was some talk of reintroducing wolves a few years back.

ribka

So why do you think that everyone that lives in an urban area is a liberal? If this were true, Rand Paul, Michelle Bachman and their ilk would never have been elected. This is the same type of crap thinking that somebody else posted here earlier about wolves hunting down elk and deer and leaving their uneaten carcasses laying around the wilderness. What right wing garbage.

You are privileged to walk this earth. Leave as light a footprint as you can so that your children and grandchildren can enjoy nature in all its diversity.
"Leave a light a footprint......"

Celebrate diversity

Makes me want to laugh and puke at the same time.

Have you ever spent time outside of a manicured park?

Latest posts