August Pink Reports

I stopped by Dash Point State park yesterday. Nothing but kids having fun in the water. Any news on the Skykomish or Skagit yet of pinks?

JayB

All quiet at DPSP this evening from 5:00-8:00. No fish showing on the surface, didn't see anyone with fish on out in the boats, nothing for me...

nada at picnic point this afternoon on the incomming tide other than a couple of stikes from a little SRC that was jumping and rolling around. Also ALOT of seaweed in the water today

8/4 Dash Point Report

Fished 5:00 to 8:00 AM Low, incoming tide.

Fished the frist 90 min way down beach so I can't report on numbers from the gear crowd. Fished the last 90 min near the dock and saw 4 taken on gear and one on a fly (by me !). In general it seemed slower than mon/tues (I didn't fish wed).

Dock was full of people, about 15-20 gear guys on the beach.

8/4 Dash Point Report

Fished 5:00 to 8:00 AM Low, incoming tide.

Fished the frist 90 min way down beach so I can't report on numbers from the gear crowd. Fished the last 90 min near the dock and saw 4 taken on gear and one on a fly (by me !). In general it seemed slower than mon/tues (I didn't fish wed).

Dock was full of people, about 15-20 gear guys on the beach.
Nice job on the pink today Ron!:D Wasn't much going on after you left, although 2 gear guys hooked into a double near where you were at after you left. That was about all the action after you left up to about 9 AM.

PS- I counted 42 people on the lengthwise segment of the pier. It is going to be a crowded year. There was the usual cluster at the end point too and a fair amount off the face pointed toward the deeper water. Hope I can figure this fly thing out so the hardware can stay in the trunk:)

Later this morning on the outgoing tide the water came alive. The fish were close in to the dock so bamnk anglers didn't do so well but I would guess I saw more than a hundred fish caught on the dock by 1 P.M. when I left. I lost two to LDR this morning. Can't figure what's happening yet but plan to work it out.

Ft. Flagler this AM from 6am to 9am. High tide was 8:30. The 1st 30 minutes was active with bait fish and big swirls at the surface. No takes...other than 4 or 5 shakers. Nobody else there. After 6:30 am all water within casting distance was stagnant and inactive. smaller fish (8-10 in) were jumping 50+ yds off shore. Bait guys and buzz bombers showed up at 7:30. Nobody hooked up between 7:30 and the time I left around 9am.

Go Fish

Language, its a virus
You must of purchased the
Discover Tax Pass. I'm sure
the park was empty like most
of the State Parks. You can't even
drive through without it. F it.
Cheaper to get a camp-site than
pay for the pass.

Latest posts