Invasive fish species ?

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Wow!! " are you referring to the Hughes paper (you still have not specified) 2012 Hughes and Herlihy Native Prey Fish and Alien Piscivours ... Did you even open the paper? The link provided is not the title of the paper. The title is "Patterns in Catch Per Unit Effort of Native Prey Fish and Alien Piscivorous Fish in 7 Pacific Northwest USA Rivers" So where in this title is a "thesis"?

"I want them to do that further down river than within a few hundred yards of a hatchery outlet. I want them to do it on multiple spots on the river, from the hatchery to the ocean." - I don't believe there is a hatchery on the John Day (they sample 20 sites from Spray to the Columbia), they also sampled many sites along the length of all seven rivers, nowhere near hatcheries, and only 2 of which go anywhere near the ocean. They sampled from 2006 to 2008 across the summer low flow periods. - see what I did there, I actually sited a statement you made, then showed how it is incorrect, that is how you critique.

You're either referring to some other study you still have not sited or, like I thought, you didn't even read these papers!!

I'm done with you and this - waste of my very precious time.

cheers

Last edited:

Travis Bille

Wow!! " are you referring to the Hughes paper (you still have not specified) 2012 Hughes and Herlihy Native Prey Fish and Alien Piscivours ... Did you even open the paper? The link provided is not the title of the paper. The title is "Patterns in Catch Per Unit Effort of Native Prey Fish and Alien Piscivorous Fish in 7 Pacific Northwest USA Rivers" So where in this title is a "thesis"?

"I want them to do that further down river than within a few hundred yards of a hatchery outlet. I want them to do it on multiple spots on the river, from the hatchery to the ocean. - I don't believe there is a hatchery on the John Day (they sample 20 sites from Spay to the Columbia), they also sampled many sites along the length of all seven rivers, nowhere near hatcheries, and only 2 of which go anywhere near the ocean. They sampled from 2006 to 2008 across the summer low flow periods. - see what I did there, I actually sited a statement you made, then showed how it is incorrect, that is how you critique.

You're either referring to some other study you still have not sited or, like I thought, you didn't even read these papers!!

I'm done with you and this - waste of my very precious time.

cheers
Well why in the hell are you letting facts and science get in the way of hysteria!? You’re going to ruin this thread! ;)

Gfisher2003

PS. I didn't come to these conclusions because it's what I wish, or what I dream, or what I just really, really, really want to be true. I proved much of it on the end of my own line over the last 45 years. I've posted videos on Youtube of me catching native trout on baby bass-patterned plugs. The only more conclusive data I could have been gathering would have been examining stomach contents to verify that I'm catching trout that think they are eating baby bass. Given the consistency of the efficacy of these patterns, I'm pretty sure it's because they eat baby bass. I mean, if you consistently caught trout on a particular stream on a fly that looks like the bugs you keep having to swat away from your face, it's pretty safe to assume you're catching fish on that fly because they eat those bugs.
I feel there's a joke here to be made about fishing a massive purple chubby Chernobyl, or like any steelhead Spey fly. Also salmon and steelhead fishing in general.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts