Munn Lake report

Went out to Munn Lake today. It took a little to find the right pattern and depth to fish but once I figured it out it was game on. Fishing a zebra midge at six feet was the trick. Brought five nice rainbows to hand and finally caught my first brown out of Munn Lake. I didn't see and topwater action either which is odd for Munn. Usually there are fish rising all the time and a size 20 Adams usually does the trick. Too windy for dry fly action today but all in all a great day at Munn.

I ran in to you when you were taking out and I was putting in.

Almost the exact same results for me, minus the brown. Caught 5 decent size rainbows on a beadhead red san juan worm fished 7 feet down. A little slow, windy, and cold, but not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

There was a group of 3 kids fishing from the boat launch when I got out there. Saw a bucket of worms and informed them of the regulations. When i was taking out there was another guy fishing with worms as well. At the next Olympia fly club meeting I"m going to see about getting a sign put right next to the boat launch with the regulations. I'm not sure any body walks over to the fence to read the special regulations sign that's there now.

matthew

I experienced the same thing a few weeks ago. I went to the state patrol just down the road and reported it. Good to meet you today and I look forward to some good river fishing

Latest posts