SUMMER STEELHEAD SWAP update

Flip

The dumb kid
almost time guys! 10 days or somthing left. waiting on 3 people, obsessed's flys arrived today.

Everyone who partook in the swap please send me a PM with mailing info, the pattern you tied, and the container shipped in. want it for reference once i have everything in a big pile. as i know it will be as soon as i start dividing. thanks.

despite sharpsteelies absence now, he will still be involved in the swap, though i am sure it will be his last WFF swap.

not to make judgments or send an attack directed at peoples flys, but some of them stand out. bobs muddlers are awsome, as are nooksack34's cummings. just my personal favorite. i have not gotten andys flys yet, but since i fish with him all the time i know that he switched patterns 1/2 way through tying and tied about 6 stimulators and a few of those killer green legged caddis's. its a grab bag on which you get.

every fly i have seen looks like it is going to catch some metal this summer, great job everyone:beer2 :beer2 :beer2

Thanks for participation in a FliP swap, everyone will recieve a "random" bonus fly from my grab bag. it will be labeled as such. enjoy

Tom:thumb

PS to REE: my flies are going in the mail tomorrow for the beginner swap, sorry i have been so lazy but well.. im lazy. just me personally. ill get them in the mail tomorrow

PS2 to New river Mike: i probably will have to take the foam out of your altoids tin to get everything in there, if you want it let me know

have a good night everyone.:)

mike doughty

Honorary Member

flip, i tried to send you a PM and an e-mail, but for some reason it did not let me access these so here is my info.

MIKE DOUGHTY
PSC 2 BOX 3061
APO AP 96264

CUMMINGS SPECIAL

Ron Eagle Elk

Flip,

My mailing info is probably on the box I mailed my flies in, if not, it's posted on the Beginners Tax Day Swap post.

REE

Flip

The dumb kid

ya i have yours REE because of the other swap. as for everyone else though, i wanted reference
thanks

tom

Andy

Workin in a sweet mullet

Tom - Im not giving you my address, because you've been to my house and there are crazy people on the internet (present company included). You should just bring me my sturgeon rods and those flies, and I will give you my stimulators/caddis flies. There are about 6 different versions in 3 sizes between 14 of them or however many I tied. Gotta keep it interesting, you know??? I'm not sending out some of the "experimental" versions, so count yourself lucky as they most likely would have fallen apart on cast.

Jay Allyn

The Poor-Student Fly Fisher

I'll send mine in a couple days. Just got back from Whistler today so I have some catching up to do. One good thing about Canada beside the fantastic skiing is that I was able to find some polar bear hair at the fly shop!:thumb

Flip

The dumb kid

hey andy if shawn goes out to your place to tie some flies and for some reason i am not there as well, just leave them with him. id like to go tie though... seems to me you could show me how the hell to tie a tube fly and that is a lesson i need to learn

:dunno

tom

mike doughty

Honorary Member

Where do we stand with the swap so far? I am anxiously awaiting the flies i won't use anytime soon.

Andy

Workin in a sweet mullet

I think you are all waiting for me. I have 2 left to do.

Like I said, some of you will get the caddis, some will get the stimulators. They were all out of grizzly dry-fly hackle when Flip and I went to get more, but the caddis is pretty much the same fly with an spun elk hair head instead of the grizzly hackle. I raised my first and second steelhead on both of these flies this last summer.

:beer2

Wayne Jordan

You should be getting mine today. If any of you guys want to fish the Snoqualmie with me in a few months just let me know. The pattern that I tied up caught me six fish last year, it isn't exactly what most would call a "low water pattern", but it certainly works!:beer2

Flip

The dumb kid

yes fishboy, i got zem. and wow? i am not sure what to think? those are da funky shizzit dude... i love em. what kind of hooks are they tied on? they almost look like gami's to me, but i suck at hook ID?

tom

Wayne Jordan

Those are gami's, with that fly you're going to let it swing all the way through like normal then drop it back a foot then twitch it a few times. If they follow it and don't strike they'll hit it 9 times out of 10 when you drop back & twitch!
When you fish that pattern for the first time watch how the tail reacts in the water with the marabou. Can you say freakin' deadly! As my note said try it out sometime on your favorite lake or trout stream for that matter in a smaller size, it's great Yakima pattern in white or black.
The ones I tied for the swap are tied sparsely try using some pheasant rump twisted on for a collar...:thumb
So when am I going to get a chance to fish with you guys?

Flip

The dumb kid

hehe i was right on the hooks! i love that fly man, just finished up some size 12's tied with olive maribou. dont ask where i found marabou small enough to palmer a size 12. but i did. cant wait to try them out on thursieday. if your interested in floating the skagit next sunday for the afternoon/evening bite, im goin up with my neighbor ( not flydreamin, i know its bad BOTH my neighbors love to fish:7 ) to play in his new DB. love to fling a loop with ya. were hitting either flowing or blackmans thursday, you could meet up in the afternoon then? tis all good!

tom

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts