Atlantic salmon fly video - GP Zonker

yuhina

Tropical member
if you are interested in modern salmon fly, and have a lot of time in hand, there are some good tricks in this video. most of the materials are available in our market as well..

I have had bad luck with weighted plastic tube flies. Must be my crap casting, but I end up breaking the tubes. Anyone have this experience or how to avoid it.

Joe

kelvin

bone dunka sep firsten mat fulgen lugen
I ban I tankdo Whiting burd fur
magic head ya
Ya sure you bettcha flugen

what language do you speak at home?

Kcahill

I have had bad luck with weighted plastic tube flies. Must be my crap casting, but I end up breaking the tubes. Anyone have this experience or how to avoid it.

Joe
Can't you use brass tubes for the weighted tube flys?

I am just learning to tie on tubes and so far can only tie epoxy head streamers and pencil poppers, so I am curious also with winter coming and shrimp patterns maybe getting hot on the beach.

yuhina

Tropical member
I like to use aluminum tubes, it offset the buoyancy materials and easy to cast...I mainly use the sinktips to adjust the desired depth.

ozcast

Joe
HMH tubes were famous for breaking in cold water. They claim to have fixed the issue, but I wont go back. I've never had problems with Froden or Eumer.

Maybe thats my problem. I think I've only used HMH tubes. I havent used aluminum or copper tubes much cuz I thought the how idea was to use simple low cost plastic.

Joe