Nick's First Brown

Ira, Do a google image search on tiger trout and you will see that there is quite a bit of variation in spotting and color.
The spotting pattern especially towards the tail says tiger all the way. I must admit that most of the tigers I caught
early on were much more silver where as the mature fish seem to take on the golden background color much like a brown.

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
Yeah, I'm sticking with brown, maybe I'm wrong but all the tigers I've caught in Wa have been brighter and the "spots" blend together more almost like stripes (thus the name). Nicks fish is bent sideways which in this picture almost makes the spots seem more elongated. The spots are destinct. If this was a tiger Nick, well even more of a rare find there.

Ira..

Eh I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Brown, tiger, Atlantic salmon..... it was a hell of a nice fish and I was
quite thrilled to find it on the end of my line.

Nice one Nick....hope you keep catching them. What did you hook it on?
He took a maroon colored simi seal leach, around size 12, on a type 3 line.

Not that I really give a damn, but the only logical solution to this brown vs. tiger debate is for me to spend much more time on this lake gathering a solid sample base for comparison.

Ah the things I'm willing to do in the name of science.

Latest posts