Sea Lions shot on the Nisqually River

I wish I could say I was bummed about a few sea lions being thinned out of the south sound. If only the WDFW would regulate all predetors there would not be such an issue with them impacting our fisheries more than normal. This includes but is not limited to seals, sea lions, cormorants, mergansers and caspian terns.

I wish I could say I was bummed about a few sea lions being thinned out of the south sound. If only the WDFW would regulate all predetors there would not be such an issue with them impacting our fisheries more than normal. This includes but is not limited to seals, sea lions, cormorants, mergansers and caspian terns.
I'm usually pretty good with discerning satire, but I can't on this one.

I'm not sure who it is that is shooting the sea lions, but it reminds me of how people kill sharks when there is a shark attack. People need to understand that we're in their world.

Just as much as we're fishing for the fish as a sport/commercial, those sealions are fishing for their food.

Anyways, I'm going to throw some popcorn in the microwave because I have a feeling this thread is gong to call for it...!

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
Well, I'm not exactly devastated over this news. The population of these guys has exploded on the west coast in recent years. Remember the situation in San Francisco where they took over the wharf area docks, crapping all over everything and folks were fearful of getting arrested for harassing them if they tried to shoo'em away...what happens when we start putting policies in place that upsets natures balance.

Remember Hershey and his band of buddies who were chowing down major poundage and playing with half eaten steelhead at the Ballard Locks? I'm hoping a few more pods of Killer Whales take up residence in Puget Sound :thumb: