Pattern February 2012 Salon : Any fly's good as long as it's BLACK

Steve Rohrbach

Puget Sound Fly Fisher
Awesome fly Steve. I think Black is underutilized in Puget Sound. I like the use of different materials. I look forward to fishing this this spring.

Thanks guys, the eye is just attached with Zap-A-Gap. I've done some extensive casting with this pattern in other colors and the eye's have stayed on pretty well. I use a good amount of it and the eye adheres to the separate strands of body material.

Kelvin, I was in Patricks's the other day and saw a couple squid patterns on the desk that looked distinctly 'Kelvinesque', were they yours?

kelvin

Thanks guys, the eye is just attached with Zap-A-Gap. I've done some extensive casting with this pattern in other colors and the eye's have stayed on pretty well. I use a good amount of it and the eye adheres to the separate strands of body material.

Kelvin, I was in Patricks's the other day and saw a couple squid patterns on the desk that looked distinctly 'Kelvinesque', were they yours?

yes I gave them to Jimmy at his Christmas party

they work like crazy

Its a rezzy yall please no lectures about dragging it on the beach

ATTACH=CONFIG]48904[/ATTACH]

kelvin

All great flies
Hard decision to make ... I mean Johnny Cash and all.....

Steve Knapp's Black Squid is the Winner

Thanks for playing!
See ya next Month

Thanks Kelvin! Thanks to Thomas for starting this idea as well, its alot of fun seeing everybodys ideas and keeps me at the vise. I know exactly what March should be....

Latest posts