What does your tying space look like

troutpocket

Show off :)

Seriously though, your "tying space" looks a lot like retail space . . .in a good way. I won't bother with any photos of my man cave. I have two tables, a few plastic bins with drawers, and a lamp over my vise.

Man!! Is that a house or room? Lots of stuff going on there.....Looks like ALOT of streamer stuff going on in there with the Fish Skulls near the immediate tying area and the drying racks full of streamers.
That area is a wet dream tying area for sure....Well done. One question though....Are you a commercial tyer?

I am with troutpocket on this....My space is a small corner desk in my living room with some plastic drawers for materials and various flyfishing paraphernalia.

Chad Lewis

NEVER wonder what to do with your free time
Bighorn's inventory system:

Bighorn walks into his local fly shop. Shop Owner says "Hi Bighorn. It'll be the usual this week?"
Bighorn says, "Yep. One of everything."

Jeff Dodd

I'm with Troutpocket.... My space has nothing to add to this thread, especially with regards to ORGANIZATION.

Very nice tying space Bighorn Flies. Would you consider renting it out for birthday parties by the hour? I'm interested in an early December rental.

Wow, Bighorn, WOW! I also checked out your website, really nice flies. If I didn't tie my own, I would be jumping all over yours...

Just to put everything in perspective, I tie maybe 500-600 flies a year (let alone 5000 to 7000 dozens!), and in a very limited number of types (all dries) and sizes (14-24), buying the saltwater flies that I need. My tying space reflects this limited use, it's just an old Ikea computer table, with materials stored in 2 Plano boxes below the tying surface:

Kenneth

You can't see much from the picture, but this is my "fishing room" where I tie my flies when I'm in PA during the winter. (I have a different place where I tie flies when I'm in MT for the summer). There's a slant top desk in the far left corner where I tie, and the door on the far right side of the room is a closet where I keep much of my materials.

Incidentally Bighorn, I like your custom window shades!

Latest posts