Puget Sound Reality Check

kelvin

I hit some nice big fat rezzies on Mark's Squimp on Beach XYZ right after the tide turned in the morning
What a great swap the night before, probably could not stop talking about it
always nice to get out
always nicer to catch some

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
I'm thinking Tuesday, my next day off. Two Tuesdays ago, I cast over small rezzies. Last week, they were replaced by bigger fish, some that I would call coho, let alone rezzies or even silvers. Two days from now the tide is bigger and later and I'm very curious as to what the fishing will be like. It's tough with a six hour window and 30-45 minutes of actual casting my popper to feeding fish and not blindcasting. If I draw a blank it will be my reality check.

Leland.
My reality check was fishing three days in a row last week with one cutthroat to hand. That's the way it is this time of year. Hopefully I will find some coho around one of these days in the next month or two to as well. Now that I look at the tides and read that guys ran out after the historic fly swap, what am I doing sitting here???? To heck with the income taxes I was going to finish up, I'm outa here! There's a hell of an ebbtide today!

Steve Rohrbach

Puget Sound Fly Fisher
kelvin, were they taken on your Double Reverse Spider? I am going to hit the bench tonight and start adding that amazing fly to my arsenal. I am going to try tying it on a ProTube MicroTube. Something about short shanked hooks on a tube fly that add to my confidence with Coho.

Thanks for sharing your report. Did you see TyeeChuck?

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
I must of been at beach X-1/X. I too saw two eagles. I too was skunked. Then I broke my rod in two places. Casting. That and I paddled with the tide and wind on the way out and against them on the way back. That's a no hitter & a trip back to the farm league.

At least my wader patch held up. Nothing like self-adherent flashing. (I supposed I should clarify that last sentance but hell, interpret it as you see fit.) I had more fun buying plants at the nursery on the way back to the ferry than I did on the water.

Hit Beach OMAHA but was met with stiff resistance and was forced to effect a hasty tactical retreat. Reports from friendly forces at beaches UTAH, JUNO and GOLD indicated limited success; 3 POW's from enemy element S.R.C. and 2 from enemy element "Rezie". Friendly forces are currently reorganizing and conducting lateral equipment and intel transfers in preperation of assault on Beach SWORD. Said operation to begin Wednesday at 0 dark 30. Nothing follows.

kelvin

kelvin, were they taken on your Double Reverse Spider? I am going to hit the bench tonight and start adding that amazing fly to my arsenal. I am going to try tying it on a ProTube MicroTube. Something about short shanked hooks on a tube fly that add to my confidence with Coho.

Thanks for sharing your report. Did you see TyeeChuck?
Set your decoder ring to 2 mark 5

go to beach X-5t677fg and use those flies in your small box

I was using a small white verision of Marks Squimp
Cindy was tossing my super secret top water new double k reverse spider

I saw neither Tyee or Chuck
however ..

The Jack of spades is the top card
The pearl is in the river

Alice has a new dress
The pearl is in the river

The black cat has fleas
The trout is a hungry fish

kelvin

Hit Beach OMAHA but was met with stiff resistance and was forced to effect a hasty tactical retreat. Reports from friendly forces at beaches UTAH, JUNO and GOLD indicated limited success; 3 POW's from enemy element S.R.C. and 2 from enemy element "Rezie". Friendly forces are currently reorganizing and conducting lateral equipment and intel transfers in preperation of assault on Beach SWORD. Said operation to begin Wednesday at 0 dark 30. Nothing follows.

Thom I heard 3 WFFs were MIA on an OP beach
but keep that on the DL or you may find yourself SOL PDQ
IMHO

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
:rofl:

For the record, beach x was recommended to me by another forum member...I don't kiss and tell. ;)

Hey Freestone, I agree that half of the fun of catching is in the finding and figuring them out...for yourself. For some reason the beach X thing reminded me of the 10 years I spent in an Army operation center. Just having a little fun. Hope my attempt at humor didn't come across as a "nay" vote for your position. A tight lipped fishing partner makes chasing tight lipped SRC much more fun.

Chad Lewis

NEVER wonder what to do with your free time
Sharing info with one another is a much better way of doing things!
....said the new guy with thirteen posts who doesn't know where to go. Gotta say though, it was a solid attempt. Can't blame you for trying.

But seriously though, get yourself out fishing with a few of the folks on this board. Most will be more than happy to show you some good stuff.