NFR 'toon Time

Codioos

My first tubes were 8 foot. I'm 6'1" 165. No problem for me...

I definitely agree with trying it on a lake first if you have no experience rowing. If you want somebody to float with the first time, I'd go as long as I'm available. I also have a copy of "How to Row a Drift Boat" that you can borrow.

Be patient with CL if you can. Rivers are about to runoff anyway.
Thanks for the offer Stewart, floating with someone else would be pretty cool. I'm more of a visual learner. Too bad we just got all that rain last week, I was going to try to sneak up the NF of the CDA but looking at the flows now its way too fast.

We have a couple of Outcast pontoons in our rental fleet they are 8' boats you are welcome to come by and get one and take it to a local lake for an outing. One or both of these older models may be for sale as we are bringing in some new stock. Stop by and see us.
jesse
Thanks Jesse that would be great. I have been meaning to stop by for a while now. I honestly never knew about your flyshop until I joined this site. Funny thing is that I live just north of your shop on Indiana. I was also thinking of checking out some switch rods for steelhead too. And speaking of, do you offer spey casting lessons?

Also, just a heads up, you can't float the Little Spokane in a 'toon, at least not through the State land (below St Georges down to the big river). Must be in a closed bottom like a canoe. Just FYI.
Mike
Very good to know, kinda sucks though. Looked like a fun float, but maybe I can borrow a canoe

Have you thought about the Scadden boats? I have been looking for about a year now and after trying a bunch IMO they are much better and more versatile than traditional pontoon boats.

Codioos

Have you thought about the Scadden boats? I have been looking for about a year now and after trying a bunch IMO they are much better and more versatile than traditional pontoon boats.
A few years ago when I was attending a outdoor sports show I heard of them and was given a DVD on thier products. I have been drooling over one of those since but just cant afford one! They are an awesome personal watercraft though.

I have TU Madison with and it has the 8' pontoons. I am 6'3 220lbs and it works great for me. I have put it on my back inflated and packed in to some alpine lakes through windfalls and blackberrys without any problems, it is a really sturdy boat. Its not too heavy but it can be a bit cumbersome at times. I have been looking at the Alpacka Rafts and they seem to be a pretty sweet set-up if you are going to be in the wind or on faster moving water. I also really like the idea of only having to pack about 5lbs.

Hope you find a good one.