Src Monster

I've been wondering about these outsize sea-runs since I caught my big one a few years back. I wonder if these aren't cutt-bows that got the urge to go to the salt. The rainbow genetics giving them more upside growth potential, sort of a steel-bow?

Regardless, crazy fish, glad that rod still has it's mojo workin! The Z-Axis 5110 is the best Puget Sound beach rod for SRC & rezzies in my opinion.

WOW, thanks for boosting my motivation to get out there. The high gas prices,boat/trailer/suv tabs and licensing,discovery pass,etc has really discouraged me to fish this year..

Chester Allen

Fishing addict and scribbler
What a great fish! Nice photo as well. I also tend to drop the rod in the water next to the fish and then snap a couple of quick shots before the release. Nicely done.

I've been wondering about these outsize sea-runs since I caught my big one a few years back. I wonder if these aren't cutt-bows that got the urge to go to the salt. The rainbow genetics giving them more upside growth potential, sort of a steel-bow?

Regardless, crazy fish, glad that rod still has it's mojo workin! The Z-Axis 5110 is the best Puget Sound beach rod for SRC & rezzies in my opinion.
Thomas, I was kind of wondering the same thing. I didn't see any slashes under the throat, but then the 12" that I got a few casts later didn't have them either. It kind of reminded me of a small summer steelhead in a way, especially looking at the tail and the long sleek body. Most of the big cutts I've caught had big shoulders, but this one was a little different. At first I almost thought it was a small steelhead, but it certainly looks like a cutty too. So I think it's totally plausible for it to be some kind of mix! Interesting.

And thanks Gents for the comments. I'll be remembering this fish for a long, long time!! What a gift!

Latest posts