Martha Lake in Mill Creek?

Zak

WFF Supporter
WFF Supporter
I start with a worm & go from there
When I was a kid in Vermont, nobody in my family fished. I loved it and had to learn on my own. I didn't even know flyfishing existed for many years. But I learned pretty early that dead drifting a worm or a live grasshopper on the smallest hook I had, with no weight, would catch me trout. I fished that way for years, until I was about 20 and met a guy in Santa Fe who taught me to fly fish.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Do they still plant Browns in there?
I know they used to, but I not so sure now.

Fun lake to fish except for the idiots who fish right on the boat launch and then righteous if they have to reel in because someone wants to launch, takeout or someone goes over their lines.
SF

Reactions: Zak

Old Man

A very Old Man
I'm moving to Martha Lake-Alderwood Manor/Mill Creek on the first of August. Would love to meet any WFF members who live on or near the lake. I'll be on my dock or rowing around any chance I get, likely wearing a green Tilly hat.
Is that Mobile home park still at the north of the lake. My 1st wife's father built some of that place. I also played carpenter there.

Reactions: Zak

O' Clarkii Stomias

When I was a kid in Vermont, nobody in my family fished. I loved it and had to learn on my own. I didn't even know flyfishing existed for many years. But I learned pretty early that dead drifting a worm or a live grasshopper on the smallest hook I had, with no weight, would catch me trout. I fished that way for years, until I was about 20 and met a guy in Santa Fe who taught me to fly fish.
And in such, you developed some fishing instincts you wouldn't have if you just started off flyfishing.

Zak

WFF Supporter
WFF Supporter
Is that Mobile home park still at the north of the lake. My 1st wife's father built some of that place. I also played carpenter there.
Yup, "Mobile Manor" is still north of the lake, near the ball field. Not right on the lake, though.

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
Thanks for the info.
There are a few lakes I enjoyed fishing that used to be stocked with browns but are no longer.
Some had no outlets, so I wonder what caused the change in the stocking routine. Maybe cost to raise them?
SF
That's exactly what I was thinking. I'd guess public demand for table fare sized trout along with cost of raising catchable size browns (I'm guessing) was/is too much. Someone else on here might know more about this - please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd be down for a few more local lakes with browns. Mix things up. And give me some more places to night fish.

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
. But I learned pretty early that dead drifting a worm or a live grasshopper on the smallest hook I had, with no weight, would catch me trout. I fished that way for years, until I was about 20 and met a guy in Santa Fe who taught me to fly fish.
Me too, only worm or "pautske ball o fire". We went to flies sooner though so we'd always have fish as those things ment you had to kill 'em and eat em. Both work in a stillwater like martha too. And I also recall it being out there. Great your excited to get into your place.

JM

when the kids were little, decades ago, this was the go to for them on opening day. I watched a local do a front sommersault off an icy dock with a rod and tackle box in hand. Definitely scored a 10.0 on that dive on my card. The tavern on the south shore used to sell a decent pizza in those days as well as providing a great place to watch the opening day show.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts