NFR For True Gormands

Theron

Yeah, ketchup on a hotdog should be illegal! In the words of Dirty Harry, "Nobody and I mean Nobody puts ketchup on a hotdog!" The corn dog does look good though.

aplTyler

Inept Steelheader
That depends on what part of the nation you're from... I believe it may be an actual crime in Chicago, but it's kosher on the west coast and NYC.

And I'd totally take a hand dipped corn dog over a Costco dog. Costco dogs are good, but they aren't good road trip food.

Is there even room for ketchup on a Chicago dog? Who needs it on that? That would be like doling out the sweet red stuff on a Comet dog with grilled onions and cream cheese. WHY?

Lex Story

Angler, Gastronomist, Artist, Jarhead, Geek
Costco dog is superior? Puhleese!!! The corn dogs at the pass are hand dipped to to order. The fryer is set to the perfect conditions to deliver a corn dog experience that makes my freaking mind implode. If you think that's rain coming down on you as you head west over the pass you would be incorrect, for it is God weeping in Heaven at the beauty and perfection of these corn dogs wrought by mortal hands. As for the ketchup, I will give Leland a pass since he is the one who turned me on to Snoqualmie Pass Corn dogs... Their huckleberry shake is not to be missed either, also hand dipped!

Old Man

Just an Old Man
About the only time I put ketchup on a hot dog is when there are some left over and I eat them cold as a sambich. Other that that it's Mustard and nothing else. You have to be sick to put ketchup on a hot hotdog.

ribka

How can any red blooded American disparage the 1.50 Costco dog plus drink? Plus all the relish, onions, catsup mustard you desire. And The bun is soft like a pillow made by angels.

I smell a spy lol

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
Many years ago, when I was a gear slinging son of a gun, we use to stop at the Texaco station on Hwy 12 on the way back from Blue Creek. They either had the best GD corn dogs and Jo-jo's west of the Mississippi River or we were simply ravenous hungry...no, they were simply awesome. Those could make a cold, shitty day of winter steelheading feel like a warm blanket...fun times!

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
That depends on what part of the nation you're from... I believe it may be an actual crime in Chicago, but it's kosher on the west coast and NYC.

And I'd totally take a hand dipped corn dog over a Costco dog. Costco dogs are good, but they aren't good road trip food.
Tyler's right, in fact, I have it on sterling authority that they check you at the borders of those states which comprise the upper midwest, to see if you're hauling contraband. Lipton onion soup mix, Jello, Cool Whip, catsup, salt&pepper, and Gulden's mustard are the permitted spices. And cheeze whiz!!

Derek Young

Emerging Rivers Guide Services
I gained 15 pounds at my grandfather's funeral in Michigan, eating upper Midwest style. Butter on ground baloney sandwiches, green olive smothered hamburgers, white bread, and shit-loads of cakes. I was a competitive swimmer at the time, and promptly quit thereafter.

Gotta jump on the bandwagon, putting ketchsup on a dog is a disgrace (kinda like putting mayo on a hamburger). You should be ashamed of yourself. Knew a guy who put ketchsup on a dog once and he didn't catch a steelhead for two years, wise up!

Latest posts