Stilly tribe poaching fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dflett68

LoL Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit coincidental that all the controversy on here lately regarding the Stilly and netting, and low and behold a "New" member shows up and starts their first thread on the very topic. Weeeiiirrrrddd.
dubious timing indeed, but it's clearly not the same guy. someone a little more articulate coming, guns loaded, to speak up for the mercilessly bullied troutsniffer. first post is obviously a troll to that end, even more effective than a gill net.

fishlikeyoumeanit, if you are still confused as to why you've been labeled a racist (if indeed you have), look no further than your first post, as you suggested others do. "these people" is not exactly a term normally associated with cross cultural embrace. one can imagine the first nations uttering your exact same sentence though, when white people first entered this region - "Is anyone policing these people or do they get to do whatever they think they can get away with?"

dubious timing indeed, but it's clearly not the same guy. someone a little more articulate coming, guns loaded, to speak up for the mercilessly bullied troutsniffer. first post is obviously a troll to that end, even more effective than a gill net.

fishlikeyoumeanit, if you are still confused as to why you've been labeled a racist (if indeed you have), look no further than your first post, as you suggested others do. "these people" is not exactly a term normally associated with cross cultural embrace. one can imagine the first nations uttering your exact same sentence though, when white people first entered this region - "Is anyone policing these people or do they get to do whatever they think they can get away with?"
THAT is what you came up with??? "these people" is the nicest thing I could think of to describe someone illegally netting fish. I wanted to call them "these assholes", but I didn't think it appropriate.

dflett68

I think what everyone here is missing is that "this guy" reported illegal fishing. Thanks for doing your job as a citizen and an American.
maybe sean. and if so, cheers to you for pointing it out. but if you look at the context and timing, it seems pretty possible he didn't see or report anything and is just trolling. anyone can say they saw anything. if we are celebrating american values and citizenship, how can you presume the guilt of the people he's accusing with zero evidence?

maybe sean. and if so, cheers to you for pointing it out. but if you look at the context and timing, it seems pretty possible he didn't see or report anything and is just trolling. anyone can say they saw anything. if we are celebrating american values and citizenship, how can you presume the guilt of the people he's accusing with zero evidence?
No back story here or dubious motive. Just spent the last 20min. reading troutpounders thread. What a fustercluck that was. Like poking a hornets nest. Like him I was just letting people know what I saw on the river, and people ran w/ something else. The guy @ wdfw said this is a real problem. Call them and ask for yourself. They are looking for input. That's what they are there to do. Also, it was too dark for a pic. so, no evidence. Next time, I'll bring the floodlight and CSI kit!

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
I'm wondering why people are so judgemental , Those guys netting the river might be native indians and might be well within their rights to fish how ever they want on the stilly. Confronting people on the river bank is a good way to get your ass beat.A call to wildlife officials is the way to go.

Dflett68, this isn't a court of law, and lets face it both Natives and Non Natives poach and use illegal fishing methods. If this guy is trolling, at the very best he is bringing up a growing problem that has been pointed out on this forum many times, even though it is their, and by their I mean Native Americans who live in this great state, legal right to fish by traditional means, they sometimes do so irresponsibly and not according to tribal, state and federal law. If he isn't trolling and he did in fact call the poaching hotline or 911 he did what every person who bought a permit to fish in this state should do when that situation occurs, kudos to him. Also, if you are going to be waxing intellectual about accusing people with out proper evidence you have done the same to this person who was, without direct evidence, trolling. In either case neither of our arguments would hold up because of direct evidence. This will be my last post on this string because I come to this site to learn more about fly fishing and see the fish that others have caught so I can live in envy of them until I become one of the them.

Tight-lines all.

Dflett68, this isn't a court of law, and lets face it both Natives and Non Natives poach and use illegal fishing methods. If this guy is trolling, at the very best he is bringing up a growing problem that has been pointed out on this forum many times, even though it is their, and by their I mean Native Americans who live in this great state, legal right to fish by traditional means, they sometimes do so irresponsibly and not according to tribal, state and federal law. If he isn't trolling and he did in fact call the poaching hotline or 911 he did what every person who bought a permit to fish in this state should do when that situation occurs, kudos to him. Also, if you are going to be waxing intellectual about accusing people with out proper evidence you have done the same to this person who was, without direct evidence, trolling. In either case neither of our arguments would hold up because of direct evidence. This will be my last post on this string because I come to this site to learn more about fly fishing and see the fish that others have caught so I can live in envy of them until I become one of the them.

Tight-lines all.
Well said.

dflett68

Tight-lines all.
like i said before, "maybe sean, and if so, cheers to you for pointing it out."

Status
Not open for further replies.