2012 Chum thread

Bagman

Nick, I was one of those guy that fished your area, but no one told me about it. My wife and I spent a month driving around to spots that offered excess to fishing. I then drove to some of the spots and walked the beach when I thought there should be fish being caught.

Bag, that is the best way to go about it for sure. I have done the same the past handful of years as I've been learning the salt. Sadly there are a good number of folks not willing to put in the effort and would rather lurk on forums to gather their Intel

Nick, I was one of those guy that fished your area, but no one told me about it. My wife and I spent a month driving around to spots that offered excess to fishing. I then drove to some of the spots and walked the beach when I thought there should be fish being caught.

Ed Call

Chatted with Richard today. Know a bunch of merry malcontents in the area. Really knowledgable group. You'll be impressed when you meet some of this group.

Maybe time for a social outing...pub of preference?

Bagman

Good on ya Nick. Sorry about your boy. I guess it's not just old men that fall in the mud.
I fished on Friday and found that it was much easier to break my boots loose from the mud if I pulled my toes up first. Anyone do this? Or was it all in my head?

Bagman

And for those of us that have no idea what a Chum fights like. Nice fish Nick. Now after tomorrow I maybe saying the same thing. As you never know what tomorrow will bring. I fish because I love it so much. I did when I was young and I do now. Maybe someday I will be able to tell Nick that mine is bigger then his is, but for now I can't.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
Nice work Nick.

Back it the 80's we used to catch super small chum out of Grays Harbor tribs. Some were as small as 18" and they were always much brighter then the larger fish.

And for those of us that have no idea what a Chum fights like.
Bagman- you're in for a treat, expect to see your backing quite a few times with these fish :)

Nice fish Nick. I've seen some fish out there that size jumping and suspected they might've been late coho, guess I was wrong!

rotato

Took the skiff up into Carr inlet to look for chumminess yesterday afternoon
Sniffed around minter and saw nothing
Saw one chrome jumper dead center of the waterway
Hooked a nice cutt off of deadman's
Two tribal nets in the water towards purdy
Good luck out there