Great Time of the Year for Searuns

miyawaki

Got a nice hole in the weather an hour or so before low slack. The high tide, wind and brown water chased Robert Gerlach and me away from our first three choices. The beach closest to where we met for breakfast five hours earlier gave up some of her beautiful chrome bright trout. All on the popper!

Leland.

photo.JPG

Outstanding Leland!
Bradley and I hit it this morning in the South Sound, the waters were seriously brown/murky and the wind/rain were atrocious. We should have moved but kept hoping it would get better :/

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
Nice Leland, however, I think I will wait for the "brown-out" to subside, but I may be out sooner than later! The Hood Canal is probably chocolate!

Upton O

Blind hog fisherman
And the assault begins...look out fishes, Leland is semi-retiring and he is on the loose. Well done, as usual, Leland.

Dipnet

The wanted posters say Tim Hartman
Nice Leland, however, I think I will wait for the "brown-out" to subside, but I may be out sooner than later! The Hood Canal is probably chocolate!
As of today (Wednesday) the canal is not chocolate (at least the upper end) and some nice cutts, 12 to 16 inches, were caught on the east side by someone. :cool:

Bradley Miller

Dances with fish
Outstanding Leland!
Bradley and I hit it this morning in the South Sound, the waters were seriously brown/murky and the wind/rain were atrocious. We should have moved but kept hoping it would get better :/
Obviously Leland needs to take a couple of us newer guys under his popper wing and take us out fishing, now that he has some extra time on his hands. Leland, Leland??? :)
(I'll buy the single malt; I'm sure eyejuggler will buy the cigars......)

Leland-

Just wondering how far from the mouth of a river you were? Less than a mile? Just trying to figure out if any of my local beaches might be productive today.

miyawaki

Leland-

Just wondering how far from the mouth of a river you were? Less than a mile? Just trying to figure out if any of my local beaches might be productive today.
I don't even think about mouths of streams, rivers and estuaries. I found out a long time ago that the old saying, "searun cutthroat don't venture more than 1/4 mile from their natal stream," is full of shit.

Leland.

Ha! Yes I found that to be true yesterday. Went back at high tide and saw many rising, but didn't even have so much as a tug. Leland with your poppers, are they still effective in rough water?

Latest posts