SFR 12/6/12 Gay Weed

Salmo_g

Willialm F. Buckley, a notable conservative if ever there was one, wrote a good article in National Review in the mid 90s about America's War on Drugs. At that time local, state, and federal government was spending $105 billion a year on that war. The total estimated value of the drug trade, for all illicit drugs, was $100 billion a year. Making drugs illegal was an economic marriage made in Heaven, well actually Congress, that made billions for drug law enforcement and drug cartels, growers, manufacturers, distributors, street pushers, etc.

The War on Drugs has been stupid since day one. WA and CO just got a little bit smarter.

Rob Allen

I am not forcing my morality on anyone. Just trying not to chokr
On the immorality being shoved down mine....

Interesting to note that Washingtonians by their voting preferred pot to same sex marriage...

But then i guess it's ok to have an opinion as long as it agrees with yours huh?

Go Fish

Language, its a virus
Since I started this mess let me recap.

1) The response to Gay marriage seems to
be no big deal. Because it isn't. People
are people.

2) There are alot of people that still think
Reefer Madness is reality. Once tried you are
addicted and on your way to becoming a crazed
republican that molests small animals and drools
while chanting "fiscal cliff" over and over.

The scare tactics of Nixon/Agnew set the US back
billions of dollars, wasted tens of thousands of lives
in prison, on a war that could never be won.

Sounds like the broken record of pointless
wars and wasted lives.

Dave

I am not forcing my morality on anyone. Just trying not to chokr
On the immorality being shoved down mine....

Interesting to note that Washingtonians by their voting preferred pot to same sex marriage...

But then i guess it's ok to have an opinion as long as it agrees with yours huh?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of who agrees or disagrees with it. The problem is when we create laws that discriminate against people who happen to be different from us, based on those opinions. Opinions are of little significance either way, laws affect people’s lives. No one is trying to change your opinion; we just changed the law.

Latest posts