Intermediate line for SRC

Fishee

I'm looking to set up my Echo Carbon 9 ft. 6 wt. with an intermediate line and go explore some south Sound beaches, on foot and via kayak. Giving some thought to the Rio Outbound Short F/I, the Outbound Short full intermediate, the Wulff Ambush Clear Head F/I, the Ambush Neutralizer F/I, the SA Streamer Express Clear Tip ( this has an intermediate running line I believe), and perhaps a traditional full intermediate like the Rio Aqualux or Camolux. I'd love to hear what you guys think are the key factors in choosing an intermediate line for sea-runs.
Are you going get a 1 weight heavier line for better casting/load? Like aa WF7I outbound short ?

Are you going get a 1 weight heavier line for better casting/load? Like aa WF7I outbound short ?
Well, I already picked up the 6 wt. Outbound Short, but it is spec'd at 235 grains, which is already a lot heavier than a standard 6 wt. line. So I'm hoping it's well matched to the fast action Echo Carbon rod. We'll see :)

DennisE

Topwater and tying.
I just picked up the SA GPX Hover 5wt for my 5wt Echo Carbon. The GPX series are like the RIO Outbound. About a half line overweight for their line weight. I was debating the Outbound short, but it's not available in 5wt except the Lake version which wasn't in stock. I'd previously tried the 6wt Outbound on my rod, but it was too much. Got last year's Konic 2 at 30% off with it so I'm good to go.

I'm thinking the Hover/Intermediate lines might be best when targeting rezzies. I find them going after Clousers more which makes it subsurface by definition.

A floater is my go to for SRCs. It's way to much fun to watch attempted takes even if you don't hook up.

Latest posts