Looking for a river and good guide

Ironically this was in another thread topic:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/spo/3520738971.html

Just dont lift the fish!
I happened to fish with Mike on the Sol Duc this January as a way to learn the water and am happy to say he's a true professional. By no means is he a flyfisher; rather, he sports the tried and true jig/plug approach and is a master at the art in my opinion. I was impressed at his knowledge of the river and the many habits of steelhead and salmon that swim those systems. The guy can row a drift boat with the best of them too, and I look forward to having him take me down the Calawah soon. More importantly, he's an ethical educator of fishing and the importance of respecting the river and fish. The photo attached is one of the beautiful natives he helped us land and happily release back into the river without hassle for the next fly swinger. A few more outings in his boat spending 9 hours on the water and I might get the nerve to try fly fishing for the coveted winter steelhead.

Attachments

Davy

If you want to walk and wade to some amazing water. As well as have one of the best lunches made on the O.P. talk to Bob Triggs. He is a member here and a top notch guide.

Also look at Ryan Davey. He is guiding up there. His company is Primal Angler.
yup,, Mr. Triggs is a reel good choice

shawn k

I happened to fish with Mike on the Sol Duc this January as a way to learn the water and am happy to say he's a true professional. By no means is he a flyfisher; rather, he sports the tried and true jig/plug approach and is a master at the art in my opinion. I was impressed at his knowledge of the river and the many habits of steelhead and salmon that swim those systems. The guy can row a drift boat with the best of them too, and I look forward to having him take me down the Calawah soon. More importantly, he's an ethical educator of fishing and the importance of respecting the river and fish. The photo attached is one of the beautiful natives he helped us land and happily release back into the river without hassle for the next fly swinger. A few more outings in his boat spending 9 hours on the water and I might get the nerve to try fly fishing for the coveted winter steelhead.
Mike is most definitely a fly fisher. He grew up in Montana and he works there some summers.
Mike is what I would call a fish catching machine.

Mike is most definitely a fly fisher. He grew up in Montana and he works there some summers.
Mike is what I would call a fish catching machine.
Might be a different Mike, the guy I speak of grew up in Forks and as far as our discussions went I don't believe he fly fishes or ever worked in Montana.

Latest posts