NFR Gun control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmo_g

There are only two problems with firearm ban legislation. First, in order to be effective at measurably reducing crimes committed with guns, it would run afoul of the 2nd Amendment. Second, the legislation that is possible to pass does not measurably affect gun related crime, suggesting that the legislation fails to address both the root and actual cause of said crimes.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
Ok, just a fire across the bow now. We get political, name calling, etc, I'll start parking ANYONE who starts it. And I mean ANYONE! In fact, may just delete it. These debates NEVER go smoothly, and I've done this a long time, have never seen ONE that has.

What the president can do via executive order is rather limited.

What is dependent on the house, doesn't stand a chance. They can't order a pizza without sending the country into an economic death spiral over ham or Canadian bacon.

Josh

dead in the water
Its just a punt fake, he's putting everything on Congress, while claiming a good photo op, and feel good solutions.
Like the concepts he is proposing or not, he has to put everything on congress. Despite what some chicken-littles would have you believe, there is little he can do with executive powers. That's the whole point of having power split between the three branches of govt.

Has any one seen the actual executive orders yet? I can't seem to find them online in unaltered form. All of this is meaningless until the supreme court rules on each order, correct?

Kcahill

I heard they were going to confiscate all firearms so that when the zombie virus that is currently being deployed as a "flu shot" is activated we would have no way to defend ourselves except with sharp sticks and rocks.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
I heard they were going to confiscate all firearms so that when the zombie virus that is currently being deployed as a "flu shot" is activated we would have no way to defend ourselves except with sharp sticks and rocks.
I've been watching the educational film called "The Walking Dead", I can just use hatchets and axes, hell even crossbows, to do the trick. Problem solved. ;)

I've been watching the educational film called "The Walking Dead", I can just use hatchets and axes, hell even crossbows, to do the trick. Problem solved. ;)
Man, I wish they would put a guy on there with a Spey Rod that could drive an intruder thru their eyes at 100 yrds. (Yea I'm kinda pissed at my boss right now).

GAT

Dumbfounded
Hah! I can still keep my Federation phaser and my Klingon disrupter!

No worries here.

Seriously, I still believe the problem is a lack of funding (people paying taxes) to keep jails and mental facilities up and running so the lunatics are not wandering the streets looking for zombies or listening to dogs telling them what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.