• Inflated in back of truck

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Deflated in back of truck or in car

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Trailer

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

psycho

Mine goes inside a Wells Cargo trailer, so there are a couple of trailer guys in the poll. I had the trailer before the pontoon boats so might as well use it. Plus it gives me a change room when the skies open up as they do in the Caribou, Kamloops and Chilcoton in the spring.

dogsnfish

22H? I am very happy with mine. Wife loves the large Bathroom/shower & tub and storage. Now that I have a 14' cat & trailer, I need a 5th-wheel. AF made a 23' that I might have to start looking for, seen a few fer sale in the past.
We have the 22GQ outfitted for spending a week or more at USFS sites for fishing with solar and a generator. We also love ours. That was a big concern of mine if everyone said they were hauling their pontoons in the back of the truck or using a trailer. I want to bring mine when we take the Fox to places, and the back of the truck is full of dog kennels. So a rack is in my future and I will haul it on top.

Peyton00

I have a 16' toon and use a trailer similar to the one posted above. I have a bike rail mount for my scooter that is located where the utility box is mounted.

I got a new F150 this past summer and put a Leer cap on it. One of the options that Leer offers is a Thule rack, with the mounting tracks permanently affixed to the top of the cap, so that's what I got. You could also put one on yourself if you don't mind drilling a few holes in you truck cap, or I'm sure a dealer would do this for you.

After I bought the Thule rack, I discoverd that an older set of Yakima Wing Rider II cross bars that I had also fit the Thule tracks, and that's probably what I'll use this coming season to haul my 10' Outcast FS pontoon. I'll secure the pontoon to the roof rack with NRS cam straps.

Another option that I got with the Leer cap was 12V receptacles that are mounted on the top of the bed rail, just inside the truck's tailgate. With my 12V inflator/deflator, it will be a quick job to conveniently ad or remove air from the pontoon.

Before I got this truck, I had an older 7.3L F250, with an AIRE cap, and a Hauler aluminum ladder rack that went over the cap and extended out over the truck's cab. I had an 11'3" pontoon that I put on it, and sometimes put 2 pontoons on it whenever I went with a friend that also had a pontoon.

These days, I also have a Triton model AUT 1282 aluminum trailer (12' bed length) that I use when there are 2 or more pontoons and fisherman going. I also use that trailer to haul my Polaris Ranger 800 XP side-by-side, and since my Polaris is licensed in MT for highway usage, I can use the Ranger for some shuttling on secondary roads - I"d never want to drive it on a major, busy, highway though.

John

Plecoptera

I use both a roof rack and a utility trailer to haul toons w my Subaru. One man boats go on the roof, but I've got at 10' stand up and a 12' that exceed the load rating so that's where the trailer gets used. If I'm on a long trip or rough roads where a trailer isn't practical then I can also take the tubes of the larger boats and put the frame on the roof rack.

Latest posts