anyone practice with big rods and longer line inB'ham?

TrevorH

So what big rods do you have Mac?

I ran out to Bloedel today with a 13'er and a grossly over weight mid-belly line. They have a low dock there for rowing craft that makes a pretty decent casting platform.

Trevor, I have a wonderful 15' 7/8/9 Meiser five-piece Highlander, a motley assortment of 15' 10/11s, a fine CND Salmo Salar, 15 1/2', and a fine 16 foot Daiwa Alltmor 10/11/12 that I may be getting too old for. I'll be glad to join you when this present monsoon season has passed.

TrevorH

Holy Moly Mac! That's quite a lineup. I braved the wind and hit the dock again with a T&T 1206-3 + modified Delta, then a 13' CND Custom 8/9 with a CND DT. Not a bad way to stay in practice while our rivers are closed. Let me know when you like the looks of the weather.

Holy Moly Mac! That's quite a lineup. I braved the wind and hit the dock again with a T&T 1206-3 + modified Delta, then a 13' CND Custom 8/9 with a CND DT. Not a bad way to stay in practice while our rivers are closed. Let me know when you like the looks of the weather.
I agree...WOW! You've been holding out on us. I'll do my best to be there.

I knew that it was designed by Nobuo Nodera, but the rest is new to me, and interesting. Thanks, Gordon.

Klickrolf, I was thinking of putting the Alltmor on the market, perhaps this summer, along with a like-new TFO Hayden III reel and a custom-spliced long belly spey driver. This weather will pass, and we can schedule a mini-clave when the sun returns.

TrevorH

This would be a terrible spot for big rods, but I do most of my casting practice & line tuning at whatcom creek, opposite the hatchery on the tiny gravel bar (river left). Just after high tide, when we've had plenty of rain, there's decent casting space.

G

golfman65

We could make this a weekly thing if interested!! Would like to wait for a tiny bit less rain, though the lake shouldn't be too hurt by that I'm hoping?

TrevorH

I'm going to head out there at some point today. If anyone is interested, message me and we'll pick a time. I don't have any 15's, so I'll be bringing something in the 13' ballpark.

G

golfman65

I'm going to head out there at some point today. If anyone is interested, message me and we'll pick a time. I don't have any 15's, so I'll be bringing something in the 13' ballpark.

Can't make today Trevor....all my gear is still drying from yesterdays pounding...where was today yesterday?

A bit of rediculous news: There's a new posting on eBay: Item 181102052270: a twenty foot, 12 weight, 4 piece graphite Hardy spey rod; presently at $10.

The online weather forecast for both this coming Saturday and Sunday is: cloudy, chance of rain 20%. That sounds like reasonable odds.

A bit of rediculous news: There's a new posting on eBay: Item 181102052270: a twenty foot, 12 weight, 4 piece graphite Hardy spey rod; presently at $10.

The online weather forecast for both this coming Saturday and Sunday is: cloudy, chance of rain 20%. That sounds like reasonable odds.

I'd be game for that Mac, what time will you be there if you go?

Everybody:

How about this Sunday afternoon? The weather forecast looks promising, and I think it's Paul's only window. I plan to be at Bloedel Donovan Park, at the wading/swimming area starting at around 1 p.m. I've notified the WDFW that we'll be either there or the Nooksack at Nugent's Corner, above the bridge.

Latest posts