Show me your bobbins

A better thread title would be "How many bobbins do you have?" or "How many bobbins are enough?"
A previous thread on auto bobbins by Eyejuggler got me to thinking about my bobbins so I put em all together. Forgot I had so many. I'll bet some of you have even more.????? THey just sort of accumulate over the years. Probably only really need one. IMG_1057.jpg
Jack

I have found that having my lead wire on a bobbin really works well and there is less waste. Wire works great on a bobbin too as does floss and braid especially when tying rotary.
Jack

dogsnfish

The bobbins that I use:

Ekich trout (new, still getting use to)
Rite bobbin (2)
Wasatch Mitch's bobbin
Wasatch mini

Plus 3 or 4 that live in the cougar gold can on my table. I like Jack's idea of using those for lead wire and fine wire.

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
Jack, I thought for a minute you needed a silk floss bobbin but found the little thing partially hidden by the fly. Two Wasatch silk bobbins were my last purchase.

I don't have any bobbins with lead on them but do have one with copper wire on it for ribbing and copper johns.

Jack, I thought for a minute you needed a silk floss bobbin but found the little thing partially hidden by the fly. Two Wasatch silk bobbins were my last purchase.

I don't have any bobbins with lead on them but do have one with copper wire on it for ribbing and copper johns.
You have a sharp eye, Zen.
The bobbin for Perarsalls is a little Frank Matarelli bobbin I've had forever.
Jack

IMG_1061.jpeg

The bobbins that I use:

Ekich trout (new, still getting use to)
Rite bobbin (2)
Wasatch Mitch's bobbin
Wasatch mini

Plus 3 or 4 that live in the cougar gold can on my table. I like Jack's idea of using those for lead wire and fine wire.
Dave,
The bobbins that develop a groove or are suspect of cutting my thread are the ones that end up for the lead or wire where it doesn't seem to matter.
jack

Latest posts