Swap Fly Swaps Gone Bad

James Mello

Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"
>But swap participants have obligations as well.
>
>Don't sign up unless you have every intention and
>opportunity to complete your flies. Signing up for a
>swap even though you know you'll be away on a 3 week
>vacation, starting a new job, studying for finals or
>can't afford tying materials comes under the heading of
>'irresponsible' in my book.

Guilty as charged... Hopefully this won't blackball me from future swaps, but if I do join swaps, it will be at a time when I'm not moving and up to my ears in work! :(

>Here's a few random thoughts about swap etiquette.

Thanks for sending this out. I had a lot of assumptions on how most swaps are run, and all of them were things that I broke :(

-- Cheers
-- James

James Mello

In retrospect, since I was the one who f***ed things up, I should be the one who sets it straight. For those in this swap that were interested in recieving a fly, please just email your info and I'll get them out ASAP (i.e. they will be out on friday).

Sorry All, but I just got back and am catching up. First, thanks for the kind words about the swaps I've run. Nice to hear that every now and then.

Second, I agree with Fortuna. Participating in a swap is an exercise in integrity and personal responsibility. If you host the swap, keep the communication lines open and flowing, and do a quick turn around on getting the flies back out. If you sign up to tie for a swap, tie whats required and meet the deadline or don't sign up. That simple.

Nice to be back.

REE

James Mello

kingjamm said:
In retrospect, since I was the one who f***ed things up, I should be the one who sets it straight. For those in this swap that were interested in recieving a fly, please just email your info and I'll get them out ASAP (i.e. they will be out on friday).

So I've only recieved a single private response for the late flies. If anyone is still interested in getting your flies, please let me know soon. Also, for the person that put on the swap, I'll be sending some flies your way also...

-- Cheers
-- James

Latest posts