Occupy Skagit View from the Water

A quote from the GoSkagit article.

Wayne Cline, one of the event’s organizers, remembers the Skagit River as a premiere steelhead fishing destination.
"Saturday’s showing was “twice as many as I dreamed,” Cline said.

Very nice to see a larger than expected turnout and it looks like the weather cooperated too.

Dorylf

Oregon Member
Thanks. I hadn't seen anything on the news but, then, I'm also 300 miles south so maybe that's not a surprise.

My curiosity comes twofold: there are a lot of rivers seeing similar closures so implications of the wade-in are potentially far reaching, and I've always wanted to fish the Skagit (It's the best river I've actually seen without at least the pleasure of sampling--you know, one of those nose-pasted-to-the-window-oh-crap!-I'm-supposed-to-be-driving experiences).

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their efforts.

Bob Triggs

Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
No fishing licenses required- we weren't fishing. Fishing is closed. That's the whole problem. Budgetary issues still make law enforcement a real problem too. None of this will get better overnight. All in all an inspiring day.

doublespey

Steelhead-a-holic
No fishing licenses required- we weren't fishing. Fishing is closed. That's the whole problem. Budgetary issues still make law enforcement a real problem too. None of this will get better overnight. All in all an inspiring day.
It was good to see so many concerned Skagit anglers gathered @ Howard Miller. Thanks to all who participated - it was a great event and encouraging to see anglers leading the way when DFW policies need changing. No guarantees, but a step in the right direction IMO.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
Just a couple WDFW officers and a park ranger who were there to make sure we didn't toss trash cans through windowd, set busses on fire or loot the stores.

Leland.
And for that we are all grateful. In spite of my personal difference of opinion as to whether C&R is the right thing to do for the Skagit, at this particular time, my hats off to the groups effort to respectfully make their feelings known.