vertical jigging?

trip, is that a tench by your name? it is boring except one guy caught 4 fish in 30 minutes and the smallest was over 20 inches. i bet he had fish on 25 of the 30 minutes, not too boring. i gotta figure it out. that is one thing about flyfishing you never know it all. i have been flyfishing since 1953 and bang here is a new way to fly. mike w
You're right, that's a tench I caught in Rufus last summer. Most people wouldn't recognize it.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Interesting thread. Has anyone used this method for Kokanee? And I also wonder what flies would work for them, fishing vertically and deep.

I caught a small one once in relatively shallow water, just under the surface, when casting for Coastal Cutts. It hit a yellow soft-hackle fly that was working well for the Cutts.

Jeff Dodd

Interesting thread. Has anyone used this method for Kokanee? And I also wonder what flies would work for them, fishing vertically and deep.

I caught a small one once in relatively shallow water, just under the surface, when casting for Coastal Cutts. It hit a yellow soft-hackle fly that was working well for the Cutts.
In Lk Sutherland I know a guy who catches Kokanee on a white Point wilson dart with a fire red tail section. Jigging. Maybe a minnow pattern?

Latest posts