Request for help recovering payment or rod from NewTyer1 aka Scott Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna predict Jerry's last post gets the most "likes" ever. Thanks, Jerry, Ed and Chris and the other mods for all you do. And, Jerry, from a vet who never heard this back in my day (late 60's, early 70's) and who didn't have guys like you, THANK YOU for your service thru PHW and all of your efforts.

Bill

Salmo_g

Rockthief brought up the subject of postal fraud. It's one thing for forum members nationwide to think Scott has behaved criminally. It's going to be quite another if the federal government also thinks so.

Sg

Scott Martin reminds me of Charlie Wenzel, the star of the internet defrauders, who reached fame when he tried to defraud a buyer on pirate4x4.com. Now his name is apart of the Urban dictionary as in being "wenzeled"

Urban Dictionary: wenzeled

Reportedly, the story of Charlie Wenzel and what he did has been the point of discussion in classes about ethics.

Google Charlie Wenzel and see what happens.

"wenzeled".. the sad story of internet scammer Charlie Wenzel - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

Charlie Wenzel: A Study in Arrogance and Stupidity

The original thread goes 73 pages.

D60 rear 4.88s 35 spline - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

On a more positive note, I just received the rods from newtyer1 that I had paid for back in mid january on the Fiberglass Flyrodders Forum. He ("smartin" on the FFR forum) was banned there and I did not realize that he was "newtyer1 on this and the FAOL boards until Mayfly aviator made the original post with his name here. So thanks to Mayfly aviator for helping me out in contacting Scott and completing my overdue transaction! Glad I was a member here or I might never have found him. So for me a happy ending, I am going fishing with my new rods!!

Status
Not open for further replies.