Wind Waves, Current and Poppers

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
Nice work, and good on you for getting out on such a blustery day. I'll bet that those snakey post-spawners have awesome appetites!

No Doubt about the strike

Leland.
I got out on the water on northern Hood canal today a bit before high tide to a spot where I often pick up a fish or two but, no joy. I came back thru that same area after some tidal flow had started but again "no joy". I don't give up easy so I tied on a popper and joy returned. Lots of hits all through the area. I'm a believer Leland. This was also my first fish om my new switch rod as well. That rod is 2;5 feet longer than my boat and a little difficult to handle. I almost had to get out of the boat to land it but what a hoot. All hail the mighty popper!

Chester Allen

Fishing addict and scribbler
Surf's up, Leland!

I bet it was fun to see the fish come up to whack your popper. No other fly lures in aggressive fish like your popper.

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
I hit a local beach for bit this morning. Brought one to hand, 14-15", on a chum fry pattern. Saw a few jumpers but out of my range. One other FFer.

MB

miyawaki

It was dead calm today on a good outgoing tide. Beautifully bright and slow. Got a popper story though - a good fish boiled and was just about ready to take the fly when a seagull tried to eat it at the same time. I did what I always do in case of seagull attack. I yelled and pulled the fly away. Shit.

Leland.