Materials

A "knitting lady" friend of mine picked up some acrylic yarn for me at Joann's Fabrics. I have one of these sample packages in different colors that I have been using. Good quality yarn and great color assortments. About $8 for the package. Small skeins, 28 yds each. Enough to give some to tying buddies.:)
I like tying yarn bodies. Easy, quick, always good colors available, and yarn splits easily for small flies.
Jack
Jack IMG_1190.jpeg

A "knitting lady" friend of mine picked up some acrylic yarn for me at Joann's Fabrics. I have one of these sample packages in different colors that I have been using. Good quality yarn and great color assortments. About $8 for the package. Small skeins, 28 yds each. Enough to give some to tying buddies.:)
I like tying yarn bodies. Easy, quick, always good colors available, and yarn splits easily for small flies.
Jack
Jack View attachment 27263
Chop it up 1/4" pieces throw in blender or coffee grinder, mix and match makes great dubbing

GAT

Dumbfounded
I too like using yarn... I prefer wrapping more than dubbing. There was a shop in town that specialized in local yarns and not the commercial stuff. They carried great colors, combinations and textures. Unfortunately, they are no longer in business.

Krusty

My wife is a quilter, knitter and beader....so, I have only to raid her vast collection for useful materials.

Throw in 8 dogs, 4 cats, my granddaughter's chickens, assorted game hides, and my belly-button lint....and I'm pretty well set.

Latest posts