vehicle kills wolf on blewett pass

Vladimir Steblina

Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Jim Darden

I'm kinda uneasy about wolves. Goggle the wolves killed in Idaho and look at the size of these beasts, they are pretty scary! The wife and I got run out into the water to escape a pack of wild dogs and it was a scary experience, but these dogs were about 40 lbs, not the monsters that are showing up in wolf packs. As soon as they eat a few folks, I think the problem will be resolved.....just hope it isn't me!

Krusty

I'm kinda uneasy about wolves. Goggle the wolves killed in Idaho and look at the size of these beasts, they are pretty scary! The wife and I got run out into the water to escape a pack of wild dogs and it was a scary experience, but these dogs were about 40 lbs, not the monsters that are showing up in wolf packs. As soon as they eat a few folks, I think the problem will be resolved.....just hope it isn't me!
Jeez...here we go again.

Let me know when 'they eat a few folks'. These 'monsters' have been round humans for millenia....they may compete for wild game, and eat some free range cattle, but yer safe. Now go change your grampers..ya got a 'pant load'.

Salmo_g

I think that the tire tracks conclusively show that the driver deliberately swerved to hit the wolf. Keep an eye out for a car or truck with bits of wolf blood and hair on its left front bumper and report the culprit to the authorities.

Yeah , let's introduce a Canadian wolf to the western states that were never native species to begin with !!! Not trying to start anything , but there is a lot less elk in Idaho where I live and hunt over the last few years ! Anyways that's good news for me !!

Vladimir Steblina

Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
Salmo G......

That reminds me of a story when I was in the Russian Far East working on recovery of the Siberian Tiger. One of the American Forest Service employees asked an old codger if it was a good year for tigers.

The old man "grinned and nodded yes.....I got four".

I remember a very smart Forestry professor at Berkeley that said...."managing forests is fairly easy....it is managing people that use those forests that is difficult."

Latest posts