vehicle kills wolf on blewett pass

Unless I missed it, surprised there haven't been any Twilight references. Don't you guys that fish Steelhead on the OP see wolves all the time? I guess it might be hard to tell since they can change back and forth from human to wolf...

I'm kinda uneasy about wolves. Goggle the wolves killed in Idaho and look at the size of these beasts, they are pretty scary! The wife and I got run out into the water to escape a pack of wild dogs and it was a scary experience, but these dogs were about 40 lbs, not the monsters that are showing up in wolf packs. As soon as they eat a few folks, I think the problem will be resolved.....just hope it isn't me!
Jim,

I suspect you were probably in more danger from the wild dogs than you would be from wolves.

Just another case of wildlife hit and run.
Poor wolfy or should I say good hit driver.
I say "good hit".
If there have gotten to be so many wolves to get hit by cars, there are to many wolves. Just my .02
Something I learned some years back is if the WHP catches you hitting and running from hitting wildlife it's a big ticket.
Not even close to true (the part about "too many"). Florida panthers are extremely endangered and they are hit by cars. There are even stretches of highway with vastly reduced speed zones and flashing lights and signs and they get hit. When the population is tiny, each kill is devastating. And, by the way, from what I hear you don't want to get caught speeding in one of those zones, although a lot of people do. As to Gary's other point, the guy who did the hit and run on this wolf should be nailed.

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
Not even close to true (the part about "too many"). Florida panthers are extremely endangered and they are hit by cars. There are even stretches of highway with vastly reduced speed zones and flashing lights and signs and they get hit. When the population is tiny, each kill is devastating. And, by the way, from what I hear you don't want to get caught speeding in one of those zones, although a lot of people do. As to Gary's other point, the guy who did the hit and run on this wolf should be nailed.

Hey.... the wolf was on the road without any insurance. Car guy has to pay for the wolf's negligence. Probably didn't have a license either. And was a migrant wolf without a green card.

GAT

Dumbfounded
What is the obsession with wolves on this forum? Is there not a wolf forum out there. Besides i hear they only hunt humans occupying good swing water and not stepping quickly enough. Except of course the ones all over the OP i see them all the time. Not safe here stay away till the problem is under control. To make matters worse they are a syfy channel super breed from a little known top secret project at the satsop nuclear facility. You've been warned.
At one time, "commies" and "reds" were the bad guys. Nowadays, it's "wolves". I suppose it could be worse and we could be dealing with "commie red wolves".