Basin weather report

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
Vladimir:

Like the attitude, piss on them! Isn't there a joke about be bitten in a certain spot - "You're gonna die." If you don't like snake, ticks, scorpions & black widows, stay on the west side. All part of the experience. That is why I posted on the "tick twister".
Here on the westside, we are infested with Liberals , They are like a blood sucking tick that goes for your wallet!!!

Cruik

Here on the westside, we are infested with Liberals , They are like a blood sucking tick that goes for your wallet!!!
Yikes. I guess rattlers aren't the only things in this thread that are venomous. Except, the rattlers only strike when they're provoked! Downright cold-blooded.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
That culvert full of snakes would have been a sight to see...from a distance.

And, I think this is going to be an exceptionally bad year for ticks. My wife and I found a couple on our clothes after a short hike along the Deschutes at the Deschutes River campground at Biggs OR last weekend... and we stayed on the trail for the most part. She took some pictures of rabbits and ended up deleting the files because upon closer look, they were covered with those nasty damn things. I'd much rather deal with rattlesnakes than ticks... can't say the same about liberals :D.

I will be using the high dose DEET this spring, wearing waders no matter how frigging hot it gets and doing a thorough tick search before going in to the camper.

luv2fly2

bill, ticks are attracted to body odor. lol , and the creek that flows into coffeepot is closed year around even when it is dry. and no there is no culvert close to the coffeepot campground. however i had a rattler crawl thru camp last year about dark. mike w

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
bill, ticks are attracted to body odor. lol , and the creek that flows into coffeepot is closed year around even when it is dry. and no there is no culvert close to the coffeepot campground. however i had a rattler crawl thru camp last year about dark. mike w
I believe ticks are attracted to a particular body smell. I think they like sweet smells very similar to mosquitos.

Vladimir Steblina

Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
Sweet smells.....they are ALL OVER unprotected dogs.

Well, maybe your right......do dead CARP smell sweet?? All my female dogs LOVED to roll in dead CARP.

Thanks luv2fly2 - I was coming out from a backpacking trip last summer about 15miles west of Leavenworth at the top of the canyon. The last two miles followed a dirt road out to the trail head. I was looking down and just caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye. Had I been on the other side of the road it might have been ugly. I've seen them up by Stehieken as well.

Thanks for the heads up on the creek.