Trying to resist the urge...

bitterroot

Love vintage graphite!
...to buy a new vise. I spent Saturday at the FFF show in Ellensburg and saw a ton of tiers, all of whom had very nice vises. Interestingly enough, the most popular vise seemed to be a vise by Wasatch...the model J, I believe, which I have not heard much talk about. Anyway, I know my cheap little vise will do the job well enough and my money is probably better spent on good materials but, Damn!, I'm having a hard time resisting the urge!!!

Root,

Don't know if you noticed the Lady sitting next to me spinning deer hair on a Wasatch J-Vise. That was my lovely wife. She's been using her J-Vises (she has 2) for several years and loves them. I even like them, especially the midge jaws she has. I probably should mention that she's also on Wasatch Pro-Staff, but wouldn't endorse or use a product she didn't like.

I just bought a Barracuda that I absolutely LOVE. I've never felt more comfortable tying on a vise in my life. But I have to admit, a big part of me would love the chance to play around with a Jvise in person. Probably wouldn't be good for my wallet.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Ah what the heck.... you may as well buy a new vise. I did ... hate it... but what's the chances of that happening to you?

:D

Seriously, life is too short... you never know when an meteorite might take you out. If you have the money... go ahead on.

GAT

Dumbfounded
bitterroot,
GAT would probably offer you a really good deal on a vice he just bought.:)
That's for sure!!! It's really cool... the pedestal base has heavy duty magnets installed on the bottom. Perfect for those who use metal fly tying desks! That's the selling point. ....there isn't much else.

Latest posts