furled leaders

kmudgn

I am a big fan of furled leaders. I use the ones made by Blue Sky. They turn over very well and I have had no issues with either wet or dry flies. One big reason I use them is that I am a cheap bastard and have found that one leader will last at least a whole season. The only real downside I have found is that when you get a knot in the leader it goes nuclear very quickly and is often hard to take apart.

I am a big fan of furled leaders. They turn over very well and I have had no issues with either wet or dry flies. The only real downside I have found is that when you get a knot in the leader it goes nuclear very quickly and is often hard to take apart.
Agree!

I have been using mono and fluoro furled leaders which are made by Bjorn at the Fly Fisher in Lacey (360) 491-0181 and am extremely pleased with them. I recently got a knot in one of the leaders and have not been able to take it apart.

Roger

Eric Denny

Summer is over but I'm still fishing!!
Agree!

I have been using mono and fluoro furled leaders which are made by Bjorn at the Fly Fisher in Lacey (360) 491-0181 and am extremely pleased with them. I recently got a knot in one of the leaders and have not been able to take it apart.

Roger
So which do you prefer mono or fluoro?

Blue

I got to take that one step farther and ask, why fluorocarbon? Not for sinking because thread will sink. Fish probably don't see the whole leader, but rather the tippet end. I have caught fish in spooky water using an Olive leader with 12" of tippet and still caught fish.

Jpfish

I am looking to buy one of these cutthroat leaders. I have a 3wt CT with a wf4f line on it. would it be better to buy the leader listed for 0-3wt or 4-6wt?
thanks

Latest posts