Got a new 3 weight fiberglass slow action coming.

I'm going to over line it with a 4 weight double taper floater, any suggestions as to line. Just a fun little rod for a few planters and or pan fish, with lessons for the grandkids.

Daryle

Lugan makes a very good point. I have not found that many glass rods that need to be over lined. I am wrapping a 4wt for my self and cant wait to fish it

jwg

I've got a 3 wt fiberglass and have tried it with 3 and 4 wt lines and the 3 wt feels and casts better.
Jay

Ed Call

DT3 from Allen fly fishing. Cheap, Cheap, Cheap and more than capable of serving you and the grand kids for a long time!

Lugan

Joe Streamer
So nobody suggested any line:(
Well...yeah, it's hard to suggest a line when you're not telling us which rod it is. Not sure what you expected beyond a generic recitation of a few lines that a few guys like on other rods having nothing to do with the rod you have in mind.

I have over a dozen different glass rods. The line weights they take range from needing to be underlined one weight, to dead-on the rating, to overlining by two line weights. It depends on the specific weight and model. Some rods like lines with a long front taper (Wulff TT, Rio LT, etc.) while others like a short front taper (Rio Gold, SA GPX, etc.). It depends on the rod.

Well...yeah, it's hard to suggest a line when you're not telling us which rod it is. Not sure what you expected beyond a generic recitation of a few lines that a few guys like on other rods having nothing to do with the rod you have in mind.

I have over a dozen different glass rods. The line weights they take range from needing to be underlined one weight, to dead-on the rating, to overlining by two line weights. It depends on the specific weight and model. Some rods like lines with a long front taper (Wulff TT, Rio LT, etc.) while others like a short front taper (Rio Gold, SA GPX, etc.). It depends on the rod.
I'll post a photo of the mystery Rod when it arrives today ;-)