NFR Who FEEESHIN tomorrow

I live down the road from the Sky, and I keep having the thought of how fun it'd be to get out this weekend and float it for the first time this summer. Then I remind myself of all the sleds and the parade of drift boats that will be out there this weekend... and weeding the flower beds at home sounds more appealing.

E

Evan Virnoche

I live down the road from the Sky, and I keep having the thought of how fun it'd be to get out this weekend and float it for the first time this summer. Then I remind myself of all the sleds and the parade of drift boats that will be out there this weekend... and weeding the flower beds at home sounds more appealing.
I fear this too, but phug it high bridge to sultan or reiter to sultan here I come

My question is, how would someone launch a clackacraft at Reiter?
Used to be a guy (maybe still is) who put his drift boat in at the cable hole on a regular basis.
I'll go to work this weekend and hit the water a couple days after the opener.

E

Evan Virnoche

My question is, how would someone launch a clackacraft at Reiter?
Used to be a guy (maybe still is) who put his drift boat in at the cable hole on a regular basis.
I'll go to work this weekend and hit the water a couple days after the opener.
I think its cable hole to be honest, I remember him saying something about that fishing good during high water

Cruik

I see guys occasionally float the stretch from Reiter (putting in well upstream) down to High Bridge, or all the way to Sultan. I certainly wouldn't do it. I definitely wouldn't do it tomorrow. Especially since almost every run between Reiter and High Bridge is going to have anglers since Reiter isn't actually open yet. You'd be low-holing left and right unless you got out. I can think of one or two runs that might be open in that stretch. But you're going to have to beat me to 'em. :D

Porter

How were the crowds? Wanted to go, but done that before and always regretted wasting the time. Been itching for SH fishing.

Porter

I went today. Did more hiking than fishing, River was to high to be productive. Spent 90 minutes maybe out of an 3 hour journey.
Didn't see or hear of anyone having any success on the stretch I attended. Lots of jets and bait fisherman...thus the hiking. Be several weeks before I attend the river again. Should have hit the salt beach instead. :rolleyes:

I did a no fly rods trip in the drift boat today and hooked a king on a plug. I'd say fishermen outnumber the available fish by a large margin... Sooo, business as usual on the Sky, complete with substantial sled traffic.