UV Head Cement, Is it worth it?

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
Never tried the UV cement... rarely tie while on the road, let alone stream side, so quick dry is not a concern. I've always used Hansen's Hard as Nail's and a $2 bottle lasts me a couple years.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
Just a quick update.
I purchased some UV cure and a light from board member silvercreek. This is the first UV cure I've used that is truly tack free. It doesn't require outdoor UV for the final cure or a top coat of Sally Hansens to cover the tack.
Others have advertised their products as tack free, but I haven't found them to be so.
His High Power light is great as well for curing his product. If you've been thinking getting into UV cures, his product would be a great option at a very good price point.
SF

nailbender

Just a quick update.
I purchased some UV cure and a light from board member silvercreek. This is the first UV cure I've used that is truly tack free. It doesn't require outdoor UV for the final cure or a top coat of Sally Hansens to cover the tack.
Others have advertised their products as tack free, but I haven't found them to be so.
His High Power light is great as well for curing his product. If you've been thinking getting into UV cures, his product would be a great option at a very good price point.
SF
Stonefish does this stuff replace epoxy for you? Or do you still use epoxy for some things?
Doug

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
Doug,
I still like epoxy, but don't use it much anymore. The UV cure is just so easy and no turners involved.
I find it just as tough as epoxy as well. It holds up nicely if you ding your fly on the beach with your backcast.
SF

Dipnet

The wanted posters say Tim Hartman
papafsh, you can contact silvercreek (Henry) via e-mail at: [email protected]

A bit more information about his stuff on this SouthEast Fly Fishing forum thread: http://www.southeastflyfishingforum.com/forum/uv-resin-system-t42344.html

I just ordered/received recently so haven't used it much but so far I'm really likin' it.

When I contacted him Henry was just getting ready to leave on an extended vacation but took the time to expedite my order and also stayed in touch via e-mail. I really appreciated that sort of customer service!

Latest posts