Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

6wt beach rod

Wanted 
2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  skiman5982 
#1 ·
Looking for a 6wt saltwater rod. Please let me know if any of you guys and girls have a killer rod you are getting rid of.

#4 ·
I have a Helio's 906-4 saltwater "REFURBISHED" ROD -SOCK-AND TUBE I would let go for $300 plus shipping on this site. it's like new and I only used it once. It's a fast rod "tip flex" it only weighs 2 3/4 ounce. I called Orvis because it is heavier than the 9' 6" 6 weight (2 5/8 OUNCE) and was told it is built like a 6 1/2 weight for saltwater use. real - real tight loops with this rocket! fighting butt. the tube is also 3 inches longer but still the beautiful composite tube of the Helio's. there is a "R" marked on the CORK handle for refurbished that I have not sanded off because I wouldn't want to sell it as non-refurbished. easy to sand off though!

I will be selling this rod soon anyway. just to fast for my liking for my slow stroke. It was built for tight loops and the saltwater wind. It would a great rod for that purpose.

#5 ·
Both those sticks would make a fine beach rod. I fish a combo of both rods off the beach, a Helios 10' 6 wt, and it is a rocket. Personally I love the 10' length off the beach, and for many other applications, but that's just me. Either one of those rods would be perfect. Just depends on what you're looking to spend, and what features are more important.

#7 ·
Someone had a 697-4 Sage One for sale here recently at a great price.
No pun intended, but that would be one killer beach stick.....provided Porter hasn't already bought it. :D
I damn near bought it myself but will stick with the 697-4 XP and 9664S CPS for awhile longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.