Cedar River public parking

I am not looking for any secret spots, just a few spots that I can park with out getting ticketed or towed. I've fishing this river only once with PHW. And with all the recent reports I would like to try it again. I have stopped by Pudget Sound Fly Co and purchased some flies so all I need now is parking. Can some one help please?

Try the various parks along the river...I've parked all over and never been ticketed/towed. You should focus more on visibility etc so you don't get broken into.

Visibility is the key. I lived in MV for years and never got broken into. If it seems sketchy, it IS. I've met and ran into a lot if weird f'ers on that river, heh, Wadin Boot in his girls poncho and patchwork waders would have seemed mild...

Park visibly. Go, drive, you'll find spots.

Should I begin my looking for spots on the east or west side of HWY 18? I have fished a spot on the east side of HWY 18, but I was with PHW and were allowed to park in a housing area and walk through someone's back yard. So should I go east or west? Thomas if I head out, because my mother-in-law is in town it may only be for a few hours and during the duty day. I will be skipping work but not telling the wife LOL.. And if fishing is way good, I may have an emergency field mission come up LOL

Hey James, do a search for "Cedar River" and limit the search to posts by me. You'll find a lot of info. One of my replies even included screenshots of maps with some markers pointing out decent access points.

Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that you can park on MV highway since it isn't restricted access. Is this correct? I always watch for signs and look for those wider areas. Haven't been ticketed yet, but I fear I'm pushing my luck. Anyone know?

Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that you can park on MV highway since it isn't restricted access. Is this correct? I always watch for signs and look for those wider areas. Haven't been ticketed yet, but I fear I'm pushing my luck. Anyone know?

Yes, you may park along the highway. There aren't a ton of spots that are wide enough, but they're out there.

James when you head out let me know i have fished the cedar river once when i was a true green horn to fly fishing, i feel like i would have a lot more fun now that i have a few more days of knowledge under my belt.