Cedar River public parking

With the recent rains, what's the highest flows you all would feel comfortable wade fishing the Cedar?
Answering that is tough for two reasons: it's a tricky river to wade in, and body size can make a HUGE difference. I'm tiny and 120lbs, so ankle deep water for you might sweep me into Lake Washington. Wear polarized glasses and be CAREFUL. You can drop into a cavernous pool VERY quickly.

Slipping was an issue the last time I fished the Cedar. I had and still have a pair of simms boots with studs. These boots and studs work great everywhere else but here and the Cowlits. Should I upgrade to the simms aluminum star bites (silver) or the new crazy lookin gold ones? Tomorrow may be my big day... I am off work emidiatly after PT!!! Hey Skyler and Thomas what's your day looking like tomorrow???

WE ARE GOING FISHING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLANS HAVE BEEN SET IN STONE!!!!!!! ONLY QUESTION NOW IS HIGH OR LOW, I MEAN CLOSER TO THE CEDAR RIVER DOG PARK OR HIGHER TOWARDS LANDSBURG BRIDGE???

You've got a whole day... fish the upper river near Landsburg in the morning, and nymph deep or rip streamers in bigger water on the lower river in the afternoon and evening.

Ya gotta have the contingency plan for late forum members. Something like, "if for some reason you're late you'll find me wading downstream of the <insert feature>..." No use sitting around with your line dry. Flies catch fish better in the water.

Latest posts