Cedar River public parking

Jim you have a solid point but there are not many times that gentlemen in the army are late. I suppose i will post my timeline as well, 0300 get off work, 0320 get home and sleep 0700 wake up and sleep in my truck while i wait on James, 0800 leave FT. Lewis, 0910 first fish on!

Jim you have a solid point but there are not many times that gentlemen in the army are late. I suppose i will post my timeline as well, 0300 get off work, 0320 get home and sleep 0700 wake up and sleep in my truck while i wait on James, 0800 leave FT. Lewis, 0910 first fish on!
Well... then I'll be holding you both to immediate hookup. Or it's latrine duty for ya both! ;)

Tear it up. And, btw, thanks for serving this great country of ours.

Thomas Williams

Habitual Line Stepper
Skyler if you ever want to link up and fish let me know. I've fished with James a few times and im in the army as well on lewis. I'm in 16th CAB. I rarely find service members in my neck of the woods who toss flies.

Caught a bunch of trout today. Biggest was may 13 inches. I did catch an 18 inch white fish though.. That was awesome.. All fish returned to the river unharmed. Lost and missed a bunch of fish as well.

QUESTION.. Some of the trout had white tipped fins. First tone I've seen this. Anyone know why?

Attachments

The fish in those photos are coastal cutthroat. Oncorynchus clarki clarki.

The first photo is interesting - red tip dorsal fin - a trait I noticed in the Barnes Creek coastal cutts at Lake Crescent. Oncorynchus clarki clarki f. crescentii.

Sorry... to answer your question: many sub-species of trout and char exhibit white tip or white edged fins. Just the way they are. :)

The distinct white edge on dolly fins is really helpful in sight fishing to em.

Skyler Evans, thanks for a great day of fishing and good conversation. Maybe next time we can start higher on the river and try to avoid the crazy bridge jumpers!!! LOL

Latest posts