I have decided to quit

Klickrolf

Bass_Turds, If you want to learn to speycast get an old DT line of the same designation as your rod, or maybe one weight heavier. Concentrate on single and double spey casts only. Don't expect to shoot line, just cast what you have out the tip and go fishing. You'll be able to cover at least 60' with minimal casting skill. The more you cast it the more you'll feel how it works. Skagit lines are the worst line to learn spey casting because everything is the same, strip to head loop and cast...and get locked into it. The DT will teach you if you let it, better than any speycasting instructor could!!

I'll send you a line free of charge, just tell me about your rod. This Skagit line stuff is way over-rated and not a good way to learn to spey cast.

David Dalan

69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E
After countless hours of watching videos and reading books about spey casting and on river practice I have come to the conclusion I am going to quit trying to teach myself. I am taking a dam class this weekend with an instructor who can point out my casting faults. No more butchered loops, no more embarrassment of blown anchors and trying to cast in private in fear of peoples lulz.

God grant me the serenity/skill
to cast to the lies I cannot doublehaul;
and the courage to spey the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Did you hit a class? You coming East this fall? We could meet up on one of the bigger waters out here, and I think we could work your kinks out. And fish :)

SpeySpaz

still an authority on nothing
It's a wise fellow who decides he needs a lesson when transitioning from sh to dh. I could have saved myself a lot of pain if I hadn't been so pig-headed.
The other piece of wisdom is to learn to be totally OK with sucking at dh casting for awhile... just enjoy the river and give yourself time to get used to it.

E

Evan Virnoche

APFFM Accelerated Program to Fly Fishing Mastery i just searched this on google nothing came up

Latest posts